This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front camera option is missing in camera app

Rowdyruffbrick
Star II

A few weeks ago, my ROG Phone 6 (global) started having issues with the camera, the front camera button would go missing and the pictures taken from the main camera looked weird.. I had to restart the phone to get them working again but overtime it got worse and the restarting did not help anymore. I figured it was a software issue so I cleared the cache of the camera which did not fix it and I wanted to clear the cache of the phone itself but couldnt as it was not unlocked nor rooted. I posted on xda and someone else told me that they had the exact same issue and it was a driver issue(?). The flashlight function does not work as well from the notification shade. Weird thing is the front camera works in apps like WhatsApp so I know it is working and it isnt a hardware issue. I thought it would be fixed with the A13 update, but it did not.

Could someone please assist me in this?

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 6 (Global SD version)
  2. Firmware Version: WW_33.0610.2810.72
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera application
60 REPLIES 60

Gutek
Star II

Hello, I have the same problem on my Zenfone 9. It apeared about two weeks ago. Also SMMI tests (witout QR codes) show that cameras are switched: front camera now is wide, rear camera 1 is normal and rear camera 2 is also normal. Once when I cleared cache, data in safe mode app back to normal, but after trying shoot selfie it hangs and never shows again. Don't have switch camera in stock Asus Camera app. When i installed GCam, there is switch button, but app crashes when I click it. Cache and user data cleared, nothing helps. Didn't do factory reset jet. Coincidence that our hardware died at the same time? What log do you need, I will try to send.

Asus Zenfone 9
WW_33.0804.2060.113
Not rooted

BOBAHCEBEP
Star I

Нашлось одно решение проблемы , это установите стороннее приложение, у меня заработало " xcamera" , и установить его по умолчанию.И будьте счастливы.

Gutek
Star II

Sorry, but I want taking pictures not watching ads.

Still don't have access to my front camera, watever software I am using. Asus Camera identifies main camera (x1) as front showing circled front camera and the view is really from the wide camera (x0.6). Switching to x0.6 the view is from the main rear camera (x1). Can't switch to front camera, because there is no button. I am waiting for new software upgrade. Please Asus hurry up.

I swear to god if the Devs are just gonna write this off as a "It's a hardware issue please contact your local service centre" again I'm gonna issue a refund

BOBAHCEBEP
Star I

Это программная проблема , обновление сломало прошивку , сторонние программы типа gcam , да любое работает, но как не прошивай камера стандартная не работает.вот 1 фото с стандартной камеры 2е с установленной gcam.

P_20230530_190103.jpg

PXL_20230530_160117311.MP.jpg