TRASH DEVICE ROG5

hp9976802431
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG 5
Firmware Version:.229
Rooted or not:Not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):GAME GENIE PERFORMANCE ISSUE & SCREEN RECORDING CHOPPY
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
ROG 5 BGMI game play like worst.See game performance cpu 1.19ghz only on xmode+ With Aeroactive cooler.What is the hell going on.Its is a brand of asus like a shit !
The problem came up with 2021 June still now they are developing team not find the solution great effort of asus.
58 REPLIES 58

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
@Sarkiri
Guess I'll have to attempt to teach you english since you seem to want to rape the language.
Also the irony here is amusing to say the least:
Stop embarrassing yourself further bro, maybe learn the word "Dynamic" in a dictionary and come back or learn how to read English
Dynamic
The dynamic of a system or process is the force that causes it to change or progress.
All your profiles that you have shown are static, not dynamic, none of your profiles change based on a process, they remain static. You trying to make sense by using a different term to explain your term has to be one of the most embarresing things I've read in a long time. For whatever reason you think that "dynamic profile" is equal to "Dyanmic Frequency" scaling. Your logic is literally "hurr durr, both have dynamic in the name so they must mean the same hurr durr". To illustrate what a dynamic profile would entail is simple:
a profile would have to change based on events, such as:
if(Thermal > 50){
set_clk_spd(2000000);
}else{
set_clk_spd(3000000);
}
Since armory crate doesn't offer that option to my knowledge, "dynamic" profiles are hence literally impossible.
For whatever reason you still don't get, that all Armory crate does is set values but get constantly overritten by the throttling management anyways, making it completely pointless. You would actually know this if you had bothered to monitor your values. Before you claim nonsense as this somehow makes the profile dynamic (yes, i am assuming you're actually that desperate and clueless), that would be a very big nono, since once it's overwritten by the thermal manegement it's no longer your profile, but a profile written from the thermal management system.
The worst part is, you openly admit you don't have a clue, yet you somehow think it's smart to rape the english language attempting to argue with a kernel developer.

You think that I don't know how Advanced Hardcore Tuning Profiles works but you didn't even show what setting you had configured in your profile and judging from your YouTube video, you just turned everything to Red or turned on CPU frequency scaling governor which runs all the CPU at the highest frequency all the time.
As already mentioned above, you're the one that obviously doesn't have a clue, also all I have done is simply set the max values to the actual max values, nothing else, the rest is being handled by the kernel. However, thats the whole point of armory crate, to allow the phone to boost to max performance so that competitive gamers can enjoy a lag free experience on their somewhat damanding games (PGR is one of them) and not have to deal with crap that moves the process across cores and causing sluggishness and lagspikes
I even said multiple times in my comments that I made a "Dynamic" Profile which won't use the CPU at the Highest frequency or clock speeds all the time if the game doesn't require it. It will only use jump to a specified frequency or clock speeds if the game requires it. You are just generating unnecessary heat and draining your battery with the locked maximum clock speeds. And you even proved your own comment wrong.
Reading isn't exacly your strong suit, so let me help you understand:
If a game is programmed to utilize your 2 of your big cores while not using the prime core
Honestly, I would refrain from arguing any further if I were you, you have demonstrated absolute lack of understanding about not only how armory crate is supposed to work but also how the english language is working. I'd suggest hiding under a rock at this point.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
@FunBike31 Don't you like it when consumers think they know how systems work better than the people actually working on those systems? 🤣
Pretty sure this gives you flashback when sales people try to explain to you how your system works while you say "uhhh, about that, yes but.... no".

Sarkiri
Rising Star II
The dynamic of a system or process is the force that causes it to change or progress
Isn't that what my Dynamic profile is doing? Can't you see the change in clock speeds of CPU 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 when I open a static game menu or look in to areas where there are less things to render? Compared to your YouTube video where every core is locked on the Maximum Frequency.
I never claimed that the profile I had made would change to a different profile, they are static of course and I have to set the Hardcore profile manually for each game.
You are the one who doesn't get it, I made a profile with Dynamic Frequency so I called it a Dynamic Profile and that's what it does, the same as the Dynamic System Profile right next to X-Mode in Armoury Crate but with my customized settings.
if(Thermal > 50){
set_clk_spd(2000000);
}else{
set_clk_spd(3000000);
}

Yes, the Armoury Crate doesn't have that option but what I had made with my profile is that it change clock speeds depending on CPU and GPU load since it offers that option.

For whatever reason you still don't get, that all Armory crate does is set values but get constantly overritten by the throttling management anyways, making it completely pointless. You would actually know this if you had bothered to monitor your values. Before you claim nonsense as this somehow makes the profile dynamic (yes, i am assuming you're actually that desperate and clueless), that would be a very big nono, since once it's overwritten by the thermal manegement it's no longer your profile, but a profile written from the thermal management system.
That is definitely the case on newer .226 . 229 and latest Android 12 updates but not on my downgraded firmware, If I set my CPU 0, 1, 2, 3 to 1804 Mhz, CPU 4, 5, 6 to 2419 MHz and CPU 7 to 2841 MHz it won't throttle or get overwritten by the thermal throttling management even if my temperature gets above 55C, it will still gets locked at the highest frequency and get the same performance but will definitely kill the phone if I play for an extended period of time with that temperature.
With the latest update .226 .229 or Android 12, even if you set your CPU and GPU clock speeds to highest frequency it starts to thermal throttle and drop your CPU clock to 1.42GHz when you go above 40 or 45C so even if you set everything to Max it pointless before you claiming to know everything doesn't matter even if you are a kernel developer or not since you didn't experience it yourself and speaking gibberish.

If a game is programmed to utilize your 2 of your big cores while not using the prime core, then obviously you'll not need to use the prime cores full speed, clocking it at maximum speed would give you no performance boost and waste your power for no good reason.

"If a game is programmed to utilize your 2 of your big cores while not using the prime core"

If a game is programmed to use only 2 cores then it will only use 2 cores and make use of the highest frequency you set in the profile reducing the lag/latency but what you had done with your profile in the YouTube video is so that all the cores will run at the highest frequency which is generating unnecessary heat and draining your battery when it doesn't need that much power.

Anyway, I am done talking to anyone who doesn't want to admit their fault and like I said you are free to believe whatever you think is right.

I expected better from you since you claim to be a Kernel Developer and I actually look up to you since you seem to know a few things when we explain our issues on the forum but you are just trying to prove yourself right even though you are completely in the wrong.

Sarkiri
Rising Star II
@Danishblunt
I have already proven my point and I don't have to prove anything to you or anyone anymore.
I guess its embarrassing to accept that someone who is not a kernel developer is right and you claiming to be a kernel developer is wrong.
Any I won't be replying anymore. This is my last post
Good luck.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
@Sarkiri
I knew it would be gold when you replied, but it turned out to be way better than I thought.
I never claimed that the profile I had made would change to a different profile, they are static of course and I have to set the Hardcore profile manually for each game
You admit its static, then you proceed to call it dynamic. Did you brain melt or something while writing, what is it now, static or dynamic, it can't be both. It's like saying water is dry and wet at the same time.
Also All you did was setting some min max values and other values that are irrevelant or flatout don't work. You would think you would realize your schedutil settings (which are awful btw) do not work properly when you watch your own BGMI video.
That is definitely the case on newer .226 . 229 and latest Android 12 updates but not on my downgraded firmware, If I set my CPU 0, 1, 2, 3 to 1804 Mhz, CPU 4, 5, 6 to 2419 MHz and CPU 7 to 2841 MHz it won't throttle or get overwritten by the thermal throttling management even if my temperature gets above 55C, it will still gets locked at the highest frequency and get the same performance but will definitely kill the phone if I play for an extended period of time with that temperature.
I highly doubt that, but you're welcome to give it a shot.
With the latest update .226 .229 or Android 12, even if you set your CPU and GPU clock speeds to highest frequency it starts to thermal throttle and drop your CPU clock to 1.42GHz when you go above 40 or 45C so even if you set everything to Max it pointless before you claiming to know everything doesn't matter even if you are a kernel developer or not since you didn't experience it yourself and speaking gibberish.
I don't even know what you're trying to say with this sentence, I fail to see any logic behind it besides you making a statement everyone knows. Also I don't need to experience anything in order to understand something, that's a ridicolous claim. Do I need to get into a spaceship and see with my own eyes that the earth is a globe to know it is? Do I need to throw a rock at someone to understand that it hurts someone? Do I need to sit and watch evolution in progress in order to know it exists? Of course not, your claim is beyond ridicolous and only showcases your absolutely broken logic.
If a game is programmed to use only 2 cores then it will only use 2 cores and make use of the highest frequency you set in the profile reducing the lag/latency but what you had done with your profile in the YouTube video is so that all the cores will run at the highest frequency which is generating unnecessary heat and draining your battery when it doesn't need that much power.
Statement would only work if PGR only uses 2 cores, nice try kiddo.

I have already proven my point and I don't have to prove anything to you or anyone anymore.
I guess its embarrassing to accept that someone who is not a kernel developer is right and you claiming to be a kernel developer is wrong.
Any I won't be replying anymore. This is my last post
Good luck.

Dejavu
Only thing you have proven is that you're absolutely clueless and have embarressed yourself quite significantly while your attempt to somehow regain some of your dignity completely backfired.
congratz?