Indr
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5
Firmware Version: Latest .210
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: 1/2 Times in Week
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Mobile Network
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After Replacing Motherboard Twice for Wifi- Hotspot also charging issue, new problem arises sometimes Volte not showing have to restart the device to activate Volte Again..
Today suddenly simcard is off automatically, tried to on but showing unknown Error, tried several times to switch on the sim card but no success, have to restart again then sim card showing!
Sorry forgot to take screenshot in that intense time, though of going Service Centre again..
So my question is to Asus & it's co- associates that how many more problems i have to face with this device, every time a new problem arises, still Asus did not replace it. This is a faulty unit I think Asus should give Replacement
22 REPLIES 22

dheeraj_g999
Star III
@Indr@@@@@123 @FunBike31
Even though they replace motherboard or a new mobile....what's the guarantee that we won't be facing issues in future.
Think about this, once the warranty expires we have to pay for the service (even though it's manufacturing defect). Android 12 will be rolled out in future and many more issues will start again.
I remember, few years back, there was an issue with one of the Samsung device. So, Samsung recalled all the phones and compensated their users.
Atleast a word from Asus regarding this issue would make us feel relieved but no. They are least bothered about their customers. Asus just looted us!!

Indr
Rising Star II
k_huat

Pls update us your status if issue solved later n what kind of action Asus took 🙏

View post
Right now don't have any problem like Wifi & battery, but in case of Sim card, it's problematic right now, also same things goes to battery.. performance issue like All modes are buggy, CPU not goes more than 1.31 GHZ in any modes, not happened before, problem started after latest Firmware..
Mailed Asus don't know what they are doing right now?

Indr
Rising Star II
dheeraj.g999

@Indr@@@@@123 @FunBike31

Even though they replace motherboard or a new mobile....what's the guarantee that we won't be facing issues in future.

Think about this, once the warranty expires we have to pay for the service (even though it's manufacturing defect). Android 12 will be rolled out in future and many more issues will start again.

I remember, few years back, there was an issue with one of the Samsung device. So, Samsung recalled all the phones and compensated their users.

Atleast a word from Asus regarding this issue would make us feel relieved but no. They are least bothered about their customers. Asus just looted us!!

View post
dheeraj.g999

@Indr@@@@@123 @FunBike31

View post
Exactly! After 1 year they will be charge me for anything, though it's manufacturing defect..
Also my IMEI changed Thrice for changing the Mainboard Twice, in future how can I exchange/sell this device with diff IMEI with Box & Bill..
Asus have to answer this type of questions as it's a serious issue.

jeevankumar
Star III
dheeraj.g999

@Indr@@@@@123

Hey dude, I faced the same issue few months back...not only me, many users faced it.

The only solution is to visit the service center and they will replace something in your phone and it will surely take 3-4 weeks of time.

Worst part, you will be facing further issues like fingerprint sensor not working properly, can't turn on WiFi, Hotspot etc. Your phone will switch off and won't turn on.

Again you have to visit the service center and they will replace motherboard. This is very frequent issue with rog phone 5.

Trust me, this is a manufacturing defect and they sold us a defect product. Just go back to Previous months in this forum and you will how many users complaining.

Just imagine, if this issue happens after the warranty period expires then for any issue we have to pay thousands of rupees.

My phone is died for 2 days now. Service center in Hyderabad is closed, they say because of covid. Not sure when it will open again. I've called Asus through phone, email no proper response.

Today, I've raised a complaint at National consumer forum. Will have to see what happens next.

View post
Hey,
Not even two weeks after I replaced motherboard for my phone, I noticed the fingerprint sensor was not working properly. What do you suggest for me. Is it better to take it to service centre again?
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/57208/fingerprint-sensor-is-not-working-properly#latest

Indr
Rising Star II
jeevankumar

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/201712#Comment_201712

Hey,

Not even two weeks after I replaced motherboard for my phone, I noticed the fingerprint sensor was not working properly. What do you suggest for me. Is it better to take it to service centre again?

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/57208/fingerprint-sensor-is-not-working-properly#latest

View post
Yes can be corrupt motherboard again, me faced problem after 1 month replacing the motherboard first time..
Changed Twice as of now, Still buggy but working indeed