Indr
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5
Firmware Version: Latest .210
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: 1/2 Times in Week
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Mobile Network
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After Replacing Motherboard Twice for Wifi- Hotspot also charging issue, new problem arises sometimes Volte not showing have to restart the device to activate Volte Again..
Today suddenly simcard is off automatically, tried to on but showing unknown Error, tried several times to switch on the sim card but no success, have to restart again then sim card showing!
Sorry forgot to take screenshot in that intense time, though of going Service Centre again..
So my question is to Asus & it's co- associates that how many more problems i have to face with this device, every time a new problem arises, still Asus did not replace it. This is a faulty unit I think Asus should give Replacement
22 REPLIES 22

Indr
Rising Star II
FunBike31

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/201741#Comment_201741

No problem is normal on a device of this game but the most surprising is the battery problem after changing the motherboard (in reality it is an inseparable mother-daughter board couple, paired together), for the battery, the maintenance manual indicates that the battery must be replaced with a new one when changing the motherboard, which is logical because the smartphone must be heated for 10 min at 70°, the battery then loses a lot of its lifespan ), so normally you should have a fresh battery every time you open the Rog 5 for repair. (To be recalibrated as soon as you get the phone back)

If you still had to send your rog5 back to the service center, send it with a charged battery between 70% and 90%, if you receive it with + - the same value, you have to ask yourself the question

View post
Last time I received the device with 0 charge, i have to charge it there for checking after repair!
Service Centre is the main culprit here, don't know what they do with this type of smartphones??
After first Wifi issue, when I got my device back, saw a issue with RGB lights not working at all, restart even reset the device in front of them still no work..
Told the engineer that RGB not working, he replier to me that Asus will give a update after that the Light will be work, i was so surprised that it's a hardware issue how it's solve with software update?
So funny 😅😁
Still I have to bring my device to them cause in my area only 1 authorised service centre.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Indr@@@@@123

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/201755#Comment_201755

Last time I received the device with 0 charge, i have to charge it there for checking after repair!

Service Centre is the main culprit here, don't know what they do with this type of smartphones??

After first Wifi issue, when I got my device back, saw a issue with RGB lights not working at all, restart even reset the device in front of them still no work..

Told the engineer that RGB not working, he replier to me that Asus will give a update after that the Light will be work, i was so surprised that it's a hardware issue how it's solve with software update?

So funny 😅😁

Still I have to bring my device to them cause in my area only 1 authorised service centre.

View post
"Last time I received the device with 0 charge, i have to charge it there for checking after repair!"
This is proof of sloppy work that does not respect either good practices or the Asus directives of guide services, a new battery is never at 0%, it is between 40-60%, so it is the your which remained in the smartphone, even though it had to be heated to 70° for 10 min, so 10° more than the thermal limit of the battery. (at least respecting the disassembly guide, which is therefore not sure), their working reference must be the videos of JerryRigEverything, with cutter, scissors and hammer 🙂

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Indr@@@@@123,
Please check your personal inbox for further steps.

Indr
Rising Star II
ARP_ASUS

Hi Indr@@@@@123,

Please check your personal inbox for further steps.

View post
Okay.... Thanks for your Kindness

k_huat
Rising Star II
Pls update us your status if issue solved later n what kind of action Asus took 🙏