Did you mean: 

Scheduled charging and steady charging not working as expected

ZT-6ba223c6
Rising Star I

Model Name: Asus Rog 5 Ultimate
Firmware Version: WW18.0840.2106.86
Rooted or not: rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: every time
When I try to use scheduled charging or steady charging it does not work as expected. As soon as I plug my device, hypercharge is on and after 30/40 minutes my device is fully loaded. No matter when, no matter in what conditions.
I thought steady charge would slow the charging speed and planned charge would plan when the device is actually charged but no matter what I try and what settings I use it always displays "steady charge" and "scheduled charge" via notifications but the hypercharge icon appears.
Did I miss anything?
It's basically the same as this one https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/34315/slow-charging-and-schedule-charging-is-not-working-as-e...
18 REPLIES 18

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Gustav_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/183721#Comment_183721

You should get a notification asking you if you want to switch system mode when your battery drops below a certain level.

You can also set your device to automatically switch to Ultra durable mode when your device dips below 3-20% battery. (Settings -> Battery -> Battery Management -> Low battery power-saving)

If you do not receive any warning when playing games it might be because you have enabled the 'block notifications' setting in Game Genie. It's also possible that your current scenario profile forces a certain system mode.

View post
thanks for taking the time to respond
Yes of course, I do not install applications that are of no use to me and those more technical / useful require root access, I will consider that in 23 months :), for now the debug options and the logs me suffices in case of need.
I am actually using a power meter with USB-C, usb, and micro usb ports.
It gives me the same values ​​by switching between normal and constant load (slow), without and with reboot for diag a problem of dynamic taking into account. The rog battery display also indicates the same time (34min from 50 to 100%)
I programmed Low battery power-saving at 5% and from 2h to 7h
The battery icon and / or the top band changes color well, it goes well in ultra durable. (no games or non full screen games)
The notification is displayed when a non-games application is used
In full screen games, no notification, in Game Genie, locked brightness, fps rate and real time info are used.
All the others are not used (except bypass if I use the charger)

marcelomes44
Star I
Gustav_ASUS

@marcelomes44 Please keep your posts in English so other users can join the discussion.

SMMI test will not show the same results as a power meter would (just checked). You should however be able to see a clear difference in the current reported by SMMI when you switch steady charging on/off.

View post
My question is if I test shows each battery module individually, since there are two modules

marcelomes44
Star I
marcelomes44

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/184048#Comment_184048

My question is if I test shows each battery module individually, since there are two modules

View post
could you show me a screenshot of your test please?

ZT-6ba223c6
Rising Star I
Gustav_ASUS

@ZT-6ba223c6 @FunBike31 Do you have a USB-C power meter that you can monitor voltage & current with? Apps like AccuBattery, while popular, tend to give weird results.

I just tested my ROG Phone 5 running the .151 firmware using both a 30W charger and the stock 65W charger. Steady charging (and ultra steady) works as expected for both chargers.

View post
Could you please explain what "works as expected" means exactly?
Just as a demonstration (no exact measured results with a proper timer, could be +/- 5 minutes)
Normal charging takes 30 minutes
Slow charging takes 30 minutes
Ultra slow takes 30 minutes as well
Using the charger of my old phone takes 1.5 hours.
I cannot measure voltage or anything like that but I can measure the time it takes to fully load the phone. And it seems to me ultra slow should actually take the same amount of time like using my old 18w charger shouldn't it? But the difference in time is significant. Maybe I miss something tho and still didn't get the functionality...

As for scheduled charging: my phone is always full after a very short amount of time and then keeps 100% for the rest of the 7h hours.