Did you mean: 

Scheduled charging and steady charging not working as expected

ZT-6ba223c6
Rising Star I

Model Name: Asus Rog 5 Ultimate
Firmware Version: WW18.0840.2106.86
Rooted or not: rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: every time
When I try to use scheduled charging or steady charging it does not work as expected. As soon as I plug my device, hypercharge is on and after 30/40 minutes my device is fully loaded. No matter when, no matter in what conditions.
I thought steady charge would slow the charging speed and planned charge would plan when the device is actually charged but no matter what I try and what settings I use it always displays "steady charge" and "scheduled charge" via notifications but the hypercharge icon appears.
Did I miss anything?
It's basically the same as this one https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/34315/slow-charging-and-schedule-charging-is-not-working-as-e...
18 REPLIES 18

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@ZT-6ba223c6 Do you get the notifications for steady charging and scheduled charging when you connect your device to the charger?
Scheduled charging does not mean that your device will only charge during the set time period. Rather, it will dynamically charge the battery to avoid it staying at 100% for several hours. This is mainly a feature intended for charging your device overnight.

ZT-6ba223c6
Rising Star I
screenshot-20210827-012427632.jpg
Thank you for your answer. Yes - as said, I receive both notifications. When I set it to scheduled charge it remains on full charge 90% of time since it's fully loaded very fast

Edit: just as prove - it is indeed on hypercharge it would not charge 20% within 9 minutes
screenshot-20210827-013336508.jpg

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@ZT-6ba223c6 Try clearing the cache of the PowerMaster app and reboot your device, then try again.

ZT-6ba223c6
Rising Star I
@Gustav_ASUS thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately that doesn't work. I Cleared everything and restarted but I still see the very same results. Just charged my phone from 20% to 90% within just a bit more than 30 minutes while ultra steady charging was active.
Can someone else even confirm that it works?