Did you mean: 

Scheduled charging and steady charging not working as expected

ZT-6ba223c6
Rising Star I

Model Name: Asus Rog 5 Ultimate
Firmware Version: WW18.0840.2106.86
Rooted or not: rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: every time
When I try to use scheduled charging or steady charging it does not work as expected. As soon as I plug my device, hypercharge is on and after 30/40 minutes my device is fully loaded. No matter when, no matter in what conditions.
I thought steady charge would slow the charging speed and planned charge would plan when the device is actually charged but no matter what I try and what settings I use it always displays "steady charge" and "scheduled charge" via notifications but the hypercharge icon appears.
Did I miss anything?
It's basically the same as this one https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/34315/slow-charging-and-schedule-charging-is-not-working-as-e...
18 REPLIES 18

ZT-6ba223c6
Rising Star I
@Gustav_ASUS is this a known issue? Many people seem to have this problem. I guess this won't be fixed if it lasts for so long.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@ZT-6ba223c6 @FunBike31 Do you have a USB-C power meter that you can monitor voltage & current with? Apps like AccuBattery, while popular, tend to give weird results.
I just tested my ROG Phone 5 running the .151 firmware using both a 30W charger and the stock 65W charger. Steady charging (and ultra steady) works as expected for both chargers.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
FunBike31

I forgot an important point, there is no low battery warning, nor automatic switch to maximum power saving.

In games, started at 25% charge, the phone turns off at 0%

View post
You should get a notification asking you if you want to switch system mode when your battery drops below a certain level.
You can also set your device to automatically switch to Ultra durable mode when your device dips below 3-20% battery. (Settings -> Battery -> Battery Management -> Low battery power-saving)
If you do not receive any warning when playing games it might be because you have enabled the 'block notifications' setting in Game Genie. It's also possible that your current scenario profile forces a certain system mode.

marcelomes44
Star I
ZT-6ba223c6
  1. Model Name: Asus Rog 5 Ultimate
  2. Firmware Version: WW18.0840.2106.86
  3. Rooted or not: rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: every time

When I try to use scheduled charging or steady charging it does not work as expected. As soon as I plug my device, hypercharge is on and after 30/40 minutes my device is fully loaded. No matter when, no matter in what conditions.

I thought steady charge would slow the charging speed and planned charge would plan when the device is actually charged but no matter what I try and what settings I use it always displays "steady charge" and "scheduled charge" via notifications but the hypercharge icon appears.

Did I miss anything?

It's basically the same as this one https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/34315/slow-charging-and-schedule-charging-is-not-working-as-e...

Scheduled charging and steady charging not working as expected
Poderia fazer o teste eu carregador para ver se os dois módulos de bateria estão funcionando???
Na calculadora stock use esse código ",12345+"

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@marcelomes44 Please keep your posts in English so other users can join the discussion.
SMMI test will not show the same results as a power meter would (just checked). You should however be able to see a clear difference in the current reported by SMMI when you switch steady charging on/off.