This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 5s Pro Wifi and hotspot stopped working

P01ntBlank
Star I

Recently my phone updated to Android 13 (33.0210.0210.242). A day later phone restarted randomly and since then Wifi and hotspot have stopped working. Bluetooth is still working fine which is strange. I'm seeing a lot of posts here with the same issue posted recently. And some users have also mentioned the same build number.

Strangely enough on Asus official website, the latest version is 33.0210.0210.200 (can check here), which means that this update responsible for bricking phones was silently removed and now Asus is not taking responsibility for bricking so many expensive phones.

I've been a long time Asus customer and purchased my laptop, phone and various other accessories from them. But this incident has created a distrust and I don't think I'll be a customer anymore if Asus doesn't take responsibility for it.

3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS

@P01ntBlank 
According to what you described, please refer to the following FAQ to try to troubleshoot your Wi-Fi problem first. 
https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1006657 
If the issue persists, I have PM you for confirming your product warranty.
Please check the PM inbox at the top right corner of the screen and kindly provide the requested information.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

Kings
Star II

Have you tried downloading it? Does it fixed the problem, or the damage is permanent?

Didn't try. I couldn't find an easy guide which isn't outdated. I'll submit it to a service center first and see what they say. If this can't be fixed then I'll try flashing it myself.