GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG 3 16/512
Firmware Version:.99
Rooted or not:Not
Frequency of Occurrence:Often
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have completely disabled lots of stuff I don't use with my custom settings and I have chosen the settings below to prolong battery life
screenshot-20201103-064029443-1.jpg
Now,this slow charging option says only 10 watts but when I begin charging it from 20% back to 80% it feels really fast and the temperature stays at 32-36 Celsius constantly.
1:Is it normal to charge that fast even on 10 watts and produce heat like that?
2:Is it bad that I never let the phone go to 0 or below 10%
3:What tips can you give me about prolonging battery life for the years to come?
4:And if there is an option to disable hyper charging I would use it
5 REPLIES 5

realistix
Rising Star I
Not sure about the slow charging option. However with li-Ion battery, is best to keep them charged as much as possible, never let it fully discharge. Heat will degrade the battery though. They do not have memory like older batteries, but they do have a charging cycle limit. One full charge and use to low battery is a cycle, so keep it charged to use less cycles. I have read many articles on this, and never had to replaced a battery on 3 year old phones. Read up on Google if you prefer, it's just a Lithium ion battery, nothing different.

realistix
Rising Star I
Also 10 watts is technically fast charging. Get a lower milliampere charger for slow charge. Maybe 500mA

Aryan202
Community Legend I
realistix

Also 10 watts is technically fast charging. Get a lower milliampere charger for slow charge. Maybe 500mA

View post
Charging a 6k mah battery with 500mA will take like forever lol
And I don't think you guys need to be so paranoid about the battery to be honest
I'm chilling right now with my 2yr old 3300mah battery 😂 (18W fast charging)
I do use scheduled charging for overnight charging tho
Even if battery degraded it ain't that much and mostly normal considering two years of usage
Rog 6000mah after 2yrs of degradation should still be around 5000mah right so isn't that fine and 80/90 charge limit option is nice to have in Zen ui 7

But again these options exist to be used by the end user so depends

realistix
Rising Star I
Question was about prolonging battery life, I just gave my opinion. Some people would like their phone to last 3 years and beyond. If you read up on li-ion battery care, your phone can actually last for 5 years or more depending on usage, and keep the exact charge as if you just bought it. Completely depends on usage of course.