This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my Side port and Bottom port lose connection

Yashipashy
Star I

Good afternoon, i am running into quite an annoying issue. 

I have done this for the longest time - i would usually plug my adapter into my ROG phone 7 (bottom port) and a USBC to HDMI (Into a capture card which then goes into my computer to stream on Twitch usb type 3 which is also enabled in settings) into side port. only side port is able to transfer any display. 

This usually works fine. I get my phone screen in OBS and i can stream whatever and never really have any issues. Suddenly some time after the updates i wanted to stream again and it just would not load in. Well you're only able to stream of your device is connected to power. This usually didnt differentiate between my Asus adapter or whatever else i used as long as it was connected so i am always connected to power as well. 

When i have my adapter in the bottom port, if i place any USBC cable in my side port (regardless of its connected to anything or not) the bottom port immediately stops charging and it starts going on and off every few seconds. The entire bottom port starts crashing as soon as my left port is connected by a USBC to HDMI (which is not connected to a single device)

I tried a factory reset, i have tried a hard reset. I have tried a reset with the cable connected in it ! ONE RESET connected only in the side port, ONE in the bottom port, ONE reset connected to both ports. No success. Bot port stops working as soon as an empty shell (let alone a connected cable) connects to the side port. 

Side port does charge when i only plug my side port. 

Some days ago my side port was not working at all. So i hard resetted my device with a cable in left port and it started working again. the same night i streamed (not an Asus cable) and everything worked. now suddenly nothing works again and i am dealing with this problem

Please help

0 REPLIES 0