This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get text messages notifications to show some sort of visual indication on the lock screen

geoffok
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: Android 10 17.0823.2009.99
Rooted or not: ?
Frequency of Occurrence: NA
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Messages/lockscreen
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have all the associated settings enabled to allow for message notifications to appear on the lockscreen, but still no message notifications on lockscreen. No notifications whatsoever on lockscreen, just the clock.
I just switched from iPhone to my first Android.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gugul
Rising Star II
geoffok

If I leave my phone in the bedroom and go watch a movie in the living room and then go get my phone 2 hours later and pick it up and look at the lock screen all I see is the time. Even if I have 30 text messages and 5 missed calls.

View post
Go to settings-> security and lock screen. There will be a settings icon beside "screen lock". Click there and the first option will be "lock screen". There you can choose what to show on your lock screen and what not to.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

geoffok
Star I
Sure wish my lock screen would tell me if I have unread messages or missed calls... super basic phone functionality totally missing from this "phone"

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
geoffok

Sure wish my lock screen would tell me if I have unread messages or missed calls... super basic phone functionality totally missing from this "phone"

View post
Well,there is light indicators in the front and back of the phone so if you enable the light to light up when you get a notification,the phone will light up bright on its lights

geoffok
Star I
If I leave my phone in the bedroom and go watch a movie in the living room and then go get my phone 2 hours later and pick it up and look at the lock screen all I see is the time. Even if I have 30 text messages and 5 missed calls.

gugul
Rising Star II
geoffok

View post
Go to settings-> security and lock screen. There will be a settings icon beside "screen lock". Click there and the first option will be "lock screen". There you can choose what to show on your lock screen and what not to.