cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenWiFi XT8 Backhaul connectivity problems after upgrade

rahulc73
Star I
Hi All,
I recently upgraded to Firmware Version :3.0.0.4.388_21617 and two nodes connect the main router only over 2.4GHz. When I was on Firmware Version: 3.0.0.4.386_48973, both the nodes would consistently be connected over 5GHz-2 backhaul without any issues.
Is there a way to fix this?
One way I found was to downgrade back to Firmware Version: 3.0.0.4.386_48973.
ASUS Support for the US is a drag. Not helpful other than sending lengthy emails with irrelevant fixes and asking to fill a stupid word document over and over.
13 REPLIES 13

rahulc73
Star I
Ten minutes into this research and changing settings, here are the changes I made to bring both nodes talking to the main router over 5Ghz-2 Band. Important: This time I did not downgrade to Firmware Version: 3.0.0.4.386_48973.
Basically I changed "Channel Bandwidth" from "Auto" Or other entries to "20Mhz" while enabling "160Mhz". Set the Control channel to 100 and hit save.
Check out the second picture. This has been stable since the past 15 min.
5ghz-settings-with-2-nodes.jpg
image.png

drsky
Star I
rahulc73

Hi All,

I recently upgraded to Firmware Version :3.0.0.4.388_21617 and two nodes connect the main router only over 2.4GHz. When I was on Firmware Version: 3.0.0.4.386_48973, both the nodes would consistently be connected over 5GHz-2 backhaul without any issues.

Is there a way to fix this?

One way I found was to downgrade back to Firmware Version: 3.0.0.4.386_48973.

ASUS Support for the US is a drag. Not helpful other than sending lengthy emails with irrelevant fixes and asking to fill a stupid word document over and over.

ZenWiFi XT8 Backhaul connectivity problems after upgrade
Same issue here. I had zero issue until the last firmware update (3.0.0.4.388_21617). Since this update, my node keeps on reporting a weak signal or disconnecting. Moving the node closer to the router did not solve the issue. I was about to downgrade back to the previous firmware when I found this suggested fix. Currently trying it.

grayson_ang
Star I
I'm having the same issue. Node is "weak" and 2.4GHz backhaul. Rahulc73's fix did not work for me, although I'm not using Tri-band smart connect. I like to separate my 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks.

grayson_ang
Star I
I factory reset everything and was able to get it to connect to 5GHz backhaul