cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade RAM and SSD in ASUS X550CA

CarlosB89
Star II

Hello, everyone,

I know my laptop is old, but I'd like to ask if anyone knows if the ASUS x550CA XX103H laptop model supports SSD discs like SSD Crucial BX500 240GB 2.5 Sata3 in the following link:  https://uk.crucial.com/ssd/bx500/ct240bx500ssd1?_gl=1*jppfy0*_up*MQ..*_ga*MTk0NDA1MTQ5Ni4xNzE5MDA2Nz...

I'd also like to know what the maximum RAM this laptop supports and what the RAM details are to buy RAM without specification errors. I need mainly the details of RAM!

I can't find this information in the manual!

This laptop is still used to play some games from that time (2013-2014), but games without demanding too much from the laptop.

Thank you!

14 REPLIES 14

Thank you for your reply!

I'll be careful with the purchase. But if something isn't right, the man at the shop where I'm going to ask for the RAM will let me know. He understands as well as I do. I know about computers because my degree was based on that, but I've lost my tools to open the laptop. Since that man helped me with another PC and everything was fine, I'd rather support a local shop and pay him.
Thanks for your attention!

I'm happy for your help.
Best regards!

Hello again,

I'd like to know if the memory I'm referring you to, with the following specifications, works in the laptop, to be sure:

SO-DIMM Package Type
Memory Configuration (Modules X Dimensions) 1 x 8 GB
Internal Memory Type DDR3
Memory Clock Speed 1600 MHz
Laptop Component
Memory Form Factor 204-pin SO-DIMM
CAS Latency 11
Memory Voltage 1.5 V
ECC No
Built-in Memory Capacity 8 GB
512M x 8 Module Configuration
Stored Memory Type Unregistered (unbuffered)

This is the memory if you want to see a picture of the RAM. The website is in my mother tongue, Portuguese, but I've already translated the memory specifications for you! The link is: https://pscstore.pt/memoria-ram/19335-dimm-so-sp-8gb-ddr3-1600mhz-cl11-15v-sp008gbstu160n02-47127026...

So I'll be waiting for your reply to check that it's the RAM with the correct details that you gave me!

Thank you and best regards!

@CarlosB89 
From the specifications, it appears to be possible. However, I must inform you that due to the numerous memory brands available on the market, we cannot guarantee the stability and compatibility of the memory after replacement. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Hello again,

So, can you give me a link to a good memory at a good price or even a link to a site by private message if you can't post it here?

Thanks for your understanding!
Best regards!

@CarlosB89 
As we do not sell memory, we recommend that you search for memory on online platforms or visit physical stores for purchasing. 
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.