cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade RAM and SSD in ASUS X550CA

CarlosB89
Star II

Hello, everyone,

I know my laptop is old, but I'd like to ask if anyone knows if the ASUS x550CA XX103H laptop model supports SSD discs like SSD Crucial BX500 240GB 2.5 Sata3 in the following link:  https://uk.crucial.com/ssd/bx500/ct240bx500ssd1?_gl=1*jppfy0*_up*MQ..*_ga*MTk0NDA1MTQ5Ni4xNzE5MDA2Nz...

I'd also like to know what the maximum RAM this laptop supports and what the RAM details are to buy RAM without specification errors. I need mainly the details of RAM!

I can't find this information in the manual!

This laptop is still used to play some games from that time (2013-2014), but games without demanding too much from the laptop.

Thank you!

14 REPLIES 14

@CarlosB89 
Your laptop supports  SATA3 hard drives.
If you install a 5400 RPM hard drive, you can install up to 1TB. 
If you install a 7200 RPM hard drive, you can install up to 750GB.

As for memory, there is only one slot available, and it can support up to 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz memory. 
Since this model is an early version, the available information does not specify the voltage.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

I contacted Asus technical support in Portugal today, and a technician told me that the memory that was integrated into the 4GB motherboard was DDR3 1600 1.5v and not DDR3L at 1.35v. Now I'm not sure which memory to buy because I don't know whether to buy DDR3 1600 at 1.5v or DDR3L at 1.35v. The technician told me that the reason the letter L wasn't written after the name DDR3 was because the memory built into the 4GB motherboard was DDR3 1.5v and not DDR3L 1.35v. Can you confirm that? I'm glad I haven't bought the RAM yet.
Thanks and best regards!

@CarlosB89 
I apologize for the confusion.
After reconfirming, the memory on the motherboard is  DDR3 1.5V.
Thank you.

Hello,

So I will buy a DDR 3 1600 1.5v RAM to be compatible with the voltage of the memory integrated in the motherboard (the 4GB that are integrated in the motherboard) so as not to conflict with the voltages of the DDR3 at 1.5v with the voltages of the DDR3L at 1.35v!?
As I understand it, the correct memory to buy is the 8GB DDR3 1600 1.5v, correct? Can you confirm that, please?
Thank you for your attention!

Best regards!

@CarlosB89
Yes, but it is important to note that there are numerous memory brands available on the market,  we cannot guarantee the stability and compatibility of memory that you replace on your own.