This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Freezing and lagging - BSOD and Black Screen when waking up from sleep - Asus TUF A15 4800H

Subhodeep
Star I
System: AMD Ryzen 4800H RTX 3050 - Windows 10 Home (64_bit) - FA506IC.301
Battery or AC: AC
Model: FA506IC
Frequency of occurrence: once in 4-5 hours
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
I have Asus TUF A15 4800H RTX 3050 (2021 India edition) laptop (Asus TUF Gaming FA506IC) - with Windows 10 Home installed.

I have this super annoying issue where my whole system stutters for a microsecond or second, and it happens quite frequently. The audio gets distorted, the cursor freezes, etc. Whenever I do anything literally, like writing a Word doc, being on a voice call on Discord or, playing games, there are times when it stutters. It isn't long, occurs for about 1-2 microseconds, but it's there for sure.

Whether it's Youa Tube video or vida eo file stored on my pc being watched on any of the media players (I use MPC as my default), everything stutters for a brief second or two, like the audio and video becomes jnky and frames becomes coppy. It happens in such a flash and at random times that I am not able to record it.

For 1-2 microseconds the notebook randomly freezes/stutters and the sound distorts (robotic) for a second or two, then returns to normal. This happens at least once every 1-2 hrs.

This stuttering is more noticeable when the laptop runs on battery - every 10 sec of the video played, there is a frame drop. This ruins the watching experience of video/movie when run on battery. Again, when the laptop is plugged in - it runs smoothly.

Also sometimes I get BSOD (Memory Management , WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) while powering on from sleep/hibernation and sometimes only black screen is visible when waking up from hibernation. I have to forcefully power it off and restart in order to use my laptop again.
I have installed the latest drivers from Asus, and I have the latest BIOS version. Even gave my laptop for servicing and they reinstalled Windows 10 but still no changes to the stuttering.

- Ran memtest86 - passed 4/4 tests with 0 errors (took about 4 hrs. to complete).
- I got low Cinebench R23 score - sometimes as low as 9800 to 10200 - while others having the same laptop get around 11400 to 11600.
- I suspect thermal throttling - as temperatures run very high during the test - ~92*C but this doesn't explain randothe m lag and black screen I get when waking up from sleep.

Could anyone pinpoint the problem so that I can convey the same to the service center and rectify the problem. M? laptop still has 2 months of warranty left.
4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS
Subhodeep
  1. System: AMD Ryzen 4800H RTX 3050 - Windows 10 Home (64_bit) - FA506IC.301
  2. Battery or AC: AC
  3. Model: FA506IC
  4. Frequency of occurrence: once in 4-5 hours
  5. OS: Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

I have Asus TUF A15 4800H RTX 3050 (2021 India edition) laptop (Asus TUF Gaming FA506IC) - with Windows 10 Home installed.

I have this super annoying issue where my whole system stutters for a microsecond or second, and it happens quite frequently. The audio gets distorted, the cursor freezes, etc. Whenever I do anything literally, like writing a Word doc, being on a voice call on Discord or, playing games, there are times when it stutters. It isn't long, occurs for about 1-2 microseconds, but it's there for sure.

Whether it's Youa Tube video or vida eo file stored on my pc being watched on any of the media players (I use MPC as my default), everything stutters for a brief second or two, like the audio and video becomes jnky and frames becomes coppy. It happens in such a flash and at random times that I am not able to record it.

For 1-2 microseconds the notebook randomly freezes/stutters and the sound distorts (robotic) for a second or two, then returns to normal. This happens at least once every 1-2 hrs.

This stuttering is more noticeable when the laptop runs on battery - every 10 sec of the video played, there is a frame drop. This ruins the watching experience of video/movie when run on battery. Again, when the laptop is plugged in - it runs smoothly.

Also sometimes I get BSOD (Memory Management , WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) while powering on from sleep/hibernation and sometimes only black screen is visible when waking up from hibernation. I have to forcefully power it off and restart in order to use my laptop again.

I have installed the latest drivers from Asus, and I have the latest BIOS version. Even gave my laptop for servicing and they reinstalled Windows 10 but still no changes to the stuttering.

- Ran memtest86 - passed 4/4 tests with 0 errors (took about 4 hrs. to complete).

- I got low Cinebench R23 score - sometimes as low as 9800 to 10200 - while others having the same laptop get around 11400 to 11600.

- I suspect thermal throttling - as temperatures run very high during the test - ~92*C but this doesn't explain randothe m lag and black screen I get when waking up from sleep.

Could anyone pinpoint the problem so that I can convey the same to the service center and rectify the problem. M? laptop still has 2 months of warranty left.

Random Freezing and lagging - BSOD and Black Screen when waking up from sleep - Asus TUF A15 4800H
@Subhodeep
Please refer to the following FAQ for troubleshooting.
[Notebook/Desktop/AIO] Troubleshooting - How to fix Blue Screen Errors in Windows (BSOD) | Official ...If the problem persists,  I would suggest you bring back your laptop to our service center.
The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Also you can contact the local service center for help. The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Subhodeep
Star I
Already sent the laptop to the service center but they only re-installed the windows. The problem still persists.

Falcon_ASUS
Subhodeep

Already sent the laptop to the service center but they only re-installed the windows. The problem still persists.

View post
@Subhodeep
I might still recommend that you send it in for another inspection. You can record the situation when the problem occurs with a video, and provide the repair center for confirmation. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.