cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Previous BIOS for ASUS A7U

mikola-akbal
Star I

Hi!

I am upgrading my old but very productive ASUS A7U, and I meet some difficulties. I think, the reason can be in not good version of BIOS. Now, it's the latest - 206 (2008.10.24 - A7U206AS).

I want to try previous versions of BIOS. How can I get it?

In old reviews I see following versions:

1) A7UAS.2 - 09.10.2007

2) A7UAS.204 - 07/12/07

Where can I get it? Does anybody have it? If you have, can you publish link in answer? Or send it by e-mail. mailto:mikola.akbal@gmail.com.

11 REPLIES 11

Method 1: Check the ASUS website. ASUS often keeps older BIOS versions available for download on their website. To find the BIOS for your A7U, go to the ASUS support website and enter your product model number.

I see only latest BIOS 206 there: https://www.asus.com/ru/supportonly/a7u/helpdesk_bios/
Years ago there were several versions.

Method 3: Contact ASUS support. If you are unable to find the BIOS for your A7U on the ASUS website or a third-party BIOS database, you can contact ASUS support for assistance.

They don't want to help. All that they say is: this model is in archive.

Method 2: Use a third-party BIOS database. There are a number of websites that maintain databases of old BIOS versions. One popular website is TechPowerUp. To find the BIOS for your A7U, go to the TechPowerUp BIOS database and enter your product model number.

Can you advise these databases?

@malaika121 wrote:
One popular website is TechPowerUp. To find the BIOS for your A7U, go to the TechPowerUp BIOS database and enter your product model number.

I see only video BIOS on TechPowerUp. The search give nothing for string "A7U".

@malaika121 wrote:

Use a third-party BIOS database. There are a number of websites that maintain databases of old BIOS versions.

Can you advise these websites, these databases? I found nothing on websites that Google gave to me.

I am ready to pay for this work.

@mikola-akbal 
Here we mainly discuss the issues/questions related to ASUS laptop & Phone product.

For your questions, I suggest you contact our local call center to have further assistance.

Please refer to below and find the link of local call center.

https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs# 
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

@Falcon_ASUS wrote:

Here we mainly discuss the issues/questions related to ASUS laptop & Phone product.

My question is about ASUS laptop.

Can you advise more appropriate forum to ask?

@mikola-akbal 
Sorry, I previously identified the wrong product category.
Upon further confirmation, this model is from the very early stages, and currently, only the latest BIOS version 206 is available.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.