This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My laptop background screen changed to the one I used 2 years back

EvonneY
Star I

Everything works fine until I switched it on again in the afternoon. The laptop screen was not the same but two years back (the screen was the first image I used two years back), and once I enter my password the system either display an error message (user profile failed to sign in), or shows some flickering as attached...How should I solve the issue? I've tried all the solutions but it is still not working

PC Model: ASUS A409J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Falcon_ASUS

@EvonneY 
Please confirm if it is possible to enter the system through Safe Mode.
If you can access the system normally, please back up your important data to an external storage device in Safe Mode, and then proceed with system restoration.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 
[Windows 11/10] How to enter Safe Mode 
[Windows 11/10] How to reset the PC and remove all of my personal files, apps and settings 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS

@EvonneY 
Please confirm if it is possible to enter the system through Safe Mode.
If you can access the system normally, please back up your important data to an external storage device in Safe Mode, and then proceed with system restoration.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 
[Windows 11/10] How to enter Safe Mode 
[Windows 11/10] How to reset the PC and remove all of my personal files, apps and settings 

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.