This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MediaTek MT7921 WiFi 6 Adapter Driver causes Crashes/Preventing Games to Work

Nezira
Star I

I've been trying to troubleshoot this for a while, but to no avail.

I sent back my laptop to get serviced and fixed for fault drivers or whatever it may be that was preventing the touchpad from even being seen as a device connected to my laptop and, when I got it back, all of a sudden I've been getting blue screen crashes, the error code pointing me towards the subject of this message.

Some games won't let me log in and gives me error codes, some other games just straight up don't launch anymore. Some games also prevent me from using voice chat. I'm not too sure what to do about this and I've also tried to get the drivers manually, but that didn't work either.

I guess there's also the chance that this isn't being caused by the WiFi adapter, but to be honest I don't know what else it could and seeing as it's the only thing crashing my laptop, it's all I have to go off of.

P.S. (I have tried rolling back the drivers, updating other drivers, and reinstalling games already. From what I have seen, others have had this problem as well - or at least the blue screen error - and they've tried reseting BIOS, Windows, and reinstalling Windows.).

Laptop: G513QM

Link to aforementioned post:  https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mediatek-mt7921-wifi-6-adapter-driver-causes/2...

6 REPLIES 6

Hey i have the same issue and i have been struggling for a week now 😭 everything u mentioned above happens exactly with me, hope you did find a solution for this issue, if so, can u please share it with me cause I'm almost going crazy 😂 specially i have just had a critical bowel surgery and this is standing in my way of recovery😂

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.