Battery or AC: AC
Model: FX506
Frequency of occurrence: constant
Reset OS: done
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Build: FX506 - i5-11400H - 16GB RAM - RTX3050i
Since the very first moment with this laptop (27.07.2022) I experience the issue that when I update the GPU driver, it caps the GPU clock at 210MHz.
Only solution is to delete the driver from Device Manager and let Windows update it automatically.
In that case it updates to 512.78 version.
In some cases that is not compatible with latest games/softwares and that is why it is really frustrating.
It is now version 526.98 but issue still not fixed.
Tried both on Win11 x64 and Win10 x64. Issue is the same.
I am really looking forward for solution for this issue as this is a gaming laptop from 2021 which MUST have latest driver support.

Thank you in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I literally tried EVERYTHING for months... Nothing helped ... Than I had enough and contacted the local (Hungary) ASUS service through ASUS support. They fixed it by replacing motherboard. Everything is working perfectly now.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

kranitzbence
Star II
Screenshot of Armoury Crate:
gpu-bug.png

Falcon_ASUS
kranitzbence
  1. System: Windows 11 x64
  2. Battery or AC: AC
  3. Model: FX506
  4. Frequency of occurrence: constant
  5. Reset OS: done
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Build: FX506 - i5-11400H - 16GB RAM - RTX3050i

Since the very first moment with this laptop (27.07.2022) I experience the issue that when I update the GPU driver, it caps the GPU clock at 210MHz.

Only solution is to delete the driver from Device Manager and let Windows update it automatically.

In that case it updates to 512.78 version.

In some cases that is not compatible with latest games/softwares and that is why it is really frustrating.

It is now version 526.98 but issue still not fixed.

Tried both on Win11 x64 and Win10 x64. Issue is the same.

I am really looking forward for solution for this issue as this is a gaming laptop from 2021 which MUST have latest driver support.

Thank you in advance.

GPU clock capped at 210MHz with latest drivers
@kranitzbence
May I know the complete model name of the laptop you are using?
What is the BIOS version and system version you are currently using?
[Notebook] How to check the model name and BIOS version | Official Support | ASUS GlobalWhich version of Windows operating system am I running? - Microsoft SupportAre all your drivers updated to the latest?
[Notebook/Desktop/AIO] How to search and download Drivers, Utilities, BIOS, and User Manuals | Offic...Thank you.

kranitzbence
Star II
@Falcon_ASUS
Exact model: FX506HEB-HN153V
BIOS: 311
All drivers are up to date.

Thank you

elchuki007
Star I
Hello, have you found any solution to this problem, I have exactly the same problem, I can't update the Nvidia driver why my GPU is stuck at 210 MHz