cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FA707XI BIOS updates failing after 307 BIOS update

Foxabilo
Star II

Hi,

I was given the link to this site by an ASUS representative from youtube.

I have an FA707XI laptop and as part of the normal updating process it downloaded and installed BIOS update 307, all went well the BIOS flashes and I have had no issues, then MyASUS said that BIOS 308 was out and that I need to update to it, I did so and may laptop rebooted and sat at a blank screen for 2 hours. 

I did a hard reset and got back into windows where I downloaded the 308 BIOS update file and placed that on a USB Flash drive, I then rebooted the machine and went into the BIOS to use the ezFlash utility, it found the file on the USB drive and told me that it would reboot in 3 seconds, it did so and again got stuck at a blank screen again.

So far as I can work out, BIOS update 307 has corrupted something in the ezFlash update utility, so now I'm stuck with 307 and no way to update the BIOS.

10 REPLIES 10

Screenshot 2023-09-18 135242.png

@Foxabilo
If you have successfully updated the BIOS to version 308, you can then switch to using the 5600 memory. As for BIOS-related issues, we will optimize them in future BIOS updates. If you are currently experiencing new problems, could you please provide the current system version, graphics card version, and a video of when the issue occurs for us to verify? We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Screenshot 2023-09-19 092955.png

Not sure what "System Version"

Screenshot 2023-09-19 094542.png

is, I have included a screen shot of MyASUS System Info above, your forum does not allow the uploading of videos, so what do you want me to do?

Error: You do not have permission to upload videos.

I have uploaded the video to youtube 
https://youtu.be/WdQcQkKL61M

@Foxabilo 
May I ask if removing and reinstalling the graphics card driver has improved the situation?
If there is no improvement, could you please specify the version of the VBIOS you updated?
Also, what is the current version of the graphics card driver you are using?
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.