cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering BIOS/EFI on Asus laptop without Screen

timuzkas
Star II

Hello!

I'm trying to install a fedora server on a laptop without a screen. I have OS installrd on HDD and i have installed it into the laptip, but i stil lcant access the OS.

How can I enter the UEFI to change boot order?

Btw:

Laptop model: X201e

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

timuzkas
Star II

Some guy on reddit helped me...

Honestly, dead forum.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Falcon_ASUS

@timuzkas
Unfortunately, since we haven't tested Linux systems, we cannot guarantee their stability and compatibility.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

kurt784
Star I

Hello,

To access the UEFI and change the boot order on your laptop without a screen, connect an external monitor if possible to view the UEFI interface. Power off the laptop, then power it on and immediately start pressing the appropriate key to enter the UEFI settings. Use the keyboard arrow keys to navigate to the "Boot" or "Boot Order" menu within UEFI settings. Set the HDD where Fedora Server is installed as the first ADP Vantage Login Portal boot device, save your changes, and exit the UEFI settings. Restart the laptop, and it should boot from the Fedora Server installation on the HDD. If unable to use an external monitor, you may need to navigate UEFI settings blindly by following a specific sequence of keystrokes after powering on the laptop.

Problem is, that on my laptop Delete is the key for entering the UEFI, but nothing is showing up when i hold it. Note that the screen snd lid are physically disconnected from the laptop

Also, just remembered, i have some "Aptios UEFI" on it