Battery or AC: AC
Model: ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) & Mini
Frequency of occurrence: Every few m inutes
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
Firmware : Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.386_45898
========================
Detailed description:
Since 'upgrading' my firmware my wifi network drops connection to the internet for clients every few minutes. This doesn't happen for wired Lan connections, the wan connection is definitely up, and it is solved by disconnecting from the wifi and reconnection.
Anyone any advice on how to fix this problem? Downgrade the firmware to a better version maybe?
43 REPLIES 43

G0GCD
Star II

Oops, I hadn't realised that this thread was still running.... Meaning that people were still having the problem.

My permanent fix was to shorten the backhaul WiFi password by 1 character. Yes, that's it. (And, of course, shorten it again each time you do a full reset, which I haven't yet)

Now running automatic updating again and the xt8 pair is running perfectly...

3.0.0.4.388_23285

HTH

John

"permanent fix was to shorten the backhaul WiFi password by 1 character." You mean after a auto update , just remove one character of the backhaul wifi password or A change the whole password did the trick?

Hi, 

I simply removed the last character by placing the cursor at the end of the password string and pressing backspace, but I don't see why using a completely new, shorter, password wouldn't work.

I tore nearly all of my hair out before trying this because I couldn't / can't see any connection between the problem and this solution but, I assume, that the default secure suggested password, which I originally left alone, uses the entire password buffer length and, under some circumstances, the code is misreading it and knocking the backhaul off line...

All supposition. It's now been fine for over a year, no drop outs or anything, so I'd forgotten about it until the forum pinged up a message...

John

I assume that auto update won't reset the password to it's original length (mine hasn't) but, if a full system reset is done, then that might... That's what I was referring to above