This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS TUF FA507XI.307 Can't update bios to 308, blackscreen

fharsanto
Star I

I cant update BIOS, blank screen keep coming, already trying https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1040405/ but not works. In my model, after 15 second, light on power already shutdown.

There's 2 method to update BIOS, I'm trying all but not works:

1. Windows installation download from MyASUS, after restart is black screen

2. Flashing with usb (format with Fat32), stuck after restart in black screen

My BIOS version is 307, previously setting secureboot is disabled due to Linux installation on second drive. After can't update BIOS on dual boot, I decided to run ASUS Cloud Recovery (this process wipe out all drive sadly)

After fresh install still can't update the BIOS.

15 REPLIES 15

@fharsanto 
I have notified the technical team again for confirmation.
If there are any updates, I will respond to you immediately.
Thank you.

freecore
Star I

To install a bios update (uefi) to version 308, it is necessary that native RAM sticks be inserted!

The problem during the update was the frequency of the RAM - with the dies I installed earlier with a frequency of 5600 (instead of the native 4800), the ASUS EZ Flash Utility program went to a black screen on reboot before installing the update.

fharsanto
Star I

/0/10       memory         32GiB System Memory
/0/10/0     memory         16GiB SODIMM Synchronous Unbuffered (Unregistered) 5600 MHz (0,2 ns)
/0/10/1     memory         16GiB SODIMM Synchronous Unbuffered (Unregistered) 5600 MHz (0,2 ns)

The problem is freq 5600 already on both sloth (The seller already replace both memory with freq 5600). Never got the 4800 version. so, must bought the 4800 version?

fharsanto
Star I

https://www.reddit.com/r/Asustuf/comments/155in8q/successfully_installed_64gb_ddr55600_ram_on_asus/

I'm thinking to upgrade to 64GB, but in 4800Hz, is it doable? and works on BIOS update also? 

@fharsanto 
Since this model comes with memory modules that have a frequency of 4800, please use the memory modules that we shipped with the product and update the BIOS to version 308 again for confirmation. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.