This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Tuf A15 GPU Fan not working properly, Causing performance issues

Andre_wtf
Star I
System: Asus Tuf a15, Ryzen 7 4800h, RTX 2060.
It has been a year and a half since i bought my a15 laptop and i have recently encountered this issue where my gpu fan is not working properly. The fan is making weird noises and not spinning overall causing performance issues and making my games lag alot. I have reinstalled Windows, checked my bios for updates and have checked the asus app and everything appears to be working properly. The gpu fan shows 0 RPM and makes a very loud noise indicating some sort of blockage. Once a while it speeds up to 5600 rpm and spins until it makes a noise which sounds like a blockage and stops again
I have attached one video below, In this video the fan starts working at 1900rpm and reaches 3100 rpm i believe. This is the first and last time this has happened. Now it stays at 0 RPM and makes a noise.
2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS
Andre_wtf
  1. System: Asus Tuf a15, Ryzen 7 4800h, RTX 2060.
  2. It has been a year and a half since i bought my a15 laptop and i have recently encountered this issue where my gpu fan is not working properly. The fan is making weird noises and not spinning overall causing performance issues and making my games lag alot. I have reinstalled Windows, checked my bios for updates and have checked the asus app and everything appears to be working properly. The gpu fan shows 0 RPM and makes a very loud noise indicating some sort of blockage. Once a while it speeds up to 5600 rpm and spins until it makes a noise which sounds like a blockage and stops again
  3. I have attached one video below, In this video the fan starts working at 1900rpm and reaches 3100 rpm i believe. This is the first and last time this has happened. Now it stays at 0 RPM and makes a noise.

Asus Tuf A15 GPU Fan not working properly, Causing performance issues
@Andre_wtf
Please refer to the following FAQ for troubleshooting.
[Notebook] Troubleshooting - Overheating (Fan) issue of ASUS laptop | Official Support | ASUS GlobalIf the situation remains the same, according to what you described, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.