This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG G513QR not having automated fan control after updating to windows 11.

Kilode
Star I
System: Windows 11 Build 22000
Battery or AC: Both
Model: G513QR (2021)
Frequency of occurrence: Occur after updating to Windows 11
Reset OS: Not yet
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description: Hey, I have encountered an issue where the automated fan regulator isn't working after updating to Windows 11. Usually in Windows 10 when I finish gaming or doing intensive work, the fan would slowly tune down the fan speed based on the temperature of the CPU/GPU (IE: from 3000rpm to 1000rpm to 0rpm or so forth regardless of the fan mode). However, after updating to Windows 11, the fan speed would stay constant after minutes/hours of intensive work (IE: staying at 3000rpm even though I stopped playing games and just browsing the internet.) and I will have to manually change the mode to silent to get 0rpm while having similar if not same temperature

image.png
2000+rpm even though I was just browsing the internet? (Used to be 1000~0 rpm in Windows 10.)

Some factors that might come into mind:
1) ROOM temperature: Been constantly at 23~24C and there's a cooling pad below the laptop, along with a fan blowing on top of it
2) BIOS, Drivers, updates: I had updated all of the essential stuff through MyAsus, Armory Crate, the driver's website.
Thanks in advance for any help to solve this issue.
3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS
Kilode
  1. System: Windows 11 Build 22000
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: G513QR (2021)
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Occur after updating to Windows 11
  5. Reset OS: Not yet
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description: Hey, I have encountered an issue where the automated fan regulator isn't working after updating to Windows 11. Usually in Windows 10 when I finish gaming or doing intensive work, the fan would slowly tune down the fan speed based on the temperature of the CPU/GPU (IE: from 3000rpm to 1000rpm to 0rpm or so forth regardless of the fan mode). However, after updating to Windows 11, the fan speed would stay constant after minutes/hours of intensive work (IE: staying at 3000rpm even though I stopped playing games and just browsing the internet.) and I will have to manually change the mode to silent to get 0rpm while having similar if not same temperature

image.png

2000+rpm even though I was just browsing the internet? (Used to be 1000~0 rpm in Windows 10.)

1) ROOM temperature: Been constantly at 23~24C and there's a cooling pad below the laptop, along with a fan blowing on top of it

2) BIOS, Drivers, updates: I had updated all of the essential stuff through MyAsus, Armory Crate, the driver's website.

@Kilode
Regarding the description below, "BIOS, Drivers, updates: I had updated all of the essential stuff through MyAsus, Armory Crate, the driver's website". Could you please provide me with the version information you are currently using?
In addition, please also refer to the following FAQ, and provide me with the log records when the fan speed is abnormal.
[Gaming NB/DT] Armoury Crate Introduction (Ver5.0) | Official Support | ASUS GlobalQ5: What is App Diagnostics? (New Feature)
A5: In Armoury Crate "Settings"① and check "About"② page, If clicking App Diagnostics "Record Log"③, the Privacy Policy Statement will pop out. Once user agreed statement, the Armoury Crate will start to collect problem log and user can click "Generate log data"③ to generate the log file with encrypted (ASUS log file). After log saved, user can provide it to the repair center or technical supporter for further Armoury Crate problem diagnostics.
**I have sent you a message, you can upload the log to the cloud storage, and then provide the link to me through the message.

szilvio
Star III
Kilode
  1. System: Windows 11 Build 22000
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: G513QR (2021)
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Occur after updating to Windows 11
  5. Reset OS: Not yet
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

image.png

same here with g733qs, but still on WIN10

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.