This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus BR1100cka: Linux issue

hey there... i bought this br1100cka laptop with the basic aim to install linux as windows is not that smooth. also this laptop is a low spec.
whichever distro i install, there are 2 common problems:
the touchpad does not work at all in some distros. i found a workaround that kernels with odd number fixed this somehow.
in distros with working touchpad, the sleep function misbehaves. whenever the laptop is woken from sleep, the touchpad is too jittery to the extent of being unusable. so i have to restart the laptop altogether and this beats the purpose of sleep.
can someone help me with this please?
3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS
thakurraghvendra99

hey there... i bought this br1100cka laptop with the basic aim to install linux as windows is not that smooth. also this laptop is a low spec.

whichever distro i install, there are 2 common problems:

1. the touchpad does not work at all in some distros. i found a workaround that kernels with odd number fixed this somehow.
  2. in distros with working touchpad, the sleep function misbehaves. whenever the laptop is woken from sleep, the touchpad is too jittery to the extent of being unusable. so i have to restart the laptop altogether and this beats the purpose of sleep.

can someone help me with this please?

Asus BR1100cka: Linux issue
@thakurraghvendra99
Since we have not tested under the Linux system, we cannot guarantee the compatibility and stability of the Linux system with you. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

karpitstane
Star I
@thakurraghvendra99
Did you ever figure out a solution? I just bought this same laptop at a great price, but all the distros I've tried have the laggy-mouse-after-wake problem.

Hey friend, try these:

Kernel parameter for eMMC:
sdhci.debug_quirks=0x20000

Kernel parameter for trackpad issue resuming from sleep:
mem_sleep_default=s2idle

My BR1100FKA works great with Ubuntu 22.10