Armoury Crate doesn't show CPU temps

System: Asus M16 2022 i9
Battery or AC: Both
Model: 3070ti with i9
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Not yet, preferably not
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description: Hi all. I got this laptop about a month ago. Everything has been great, except within the last two weeks, when I go into the armoury crate, it displays all my CPU stats as 0 (temp/voltage, etc). This is life-threatening, but it is an annoyance, as I paid a lot for my machine. I am able to see CPU stats through other applications like MSI afterburner and Hwinfo. I would like to see it in the armoury crate for when I edit performance modes. I also worry that if the armoury crate can't see my CPU temp, it might let it run too hot. I have uninstalled and reinstalled using official installers and uninstallers multiple times but no cigar. Any help would be appreciated.
12 REPLIES 12

Jay_Ros
Star II
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/233187#Comment_233187

@Jay Ros

Thanks for your information.

Could you please tell me about the current use of FX505DT, what kind of problems have you encountered?

So that I can report to the relevant unit for confirmation.

View post
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/233032#Comment_233032

@Pump

Could you please provide a screenshot when the problem occurs?

And what is the Armoury Crate version you are currently using?

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

View post
Hi Falcon,
The laptop is an ASUS TUF FX505DT.
It is used for gaming and multimedia (youtube, netflix, internet, etc).
Windows 11 has not been great for this laptop. Some stutters on games and videos from time to time. AMD confirmed that issue on all AMD CPUs and mentioned that a BIOS update was needed on all systems running an AMD CPU, in March of this year (I would add links to this info, but the forum doesn't allow me to right now).
Obviously, that BIOS needs to be done by the manufacturer, in this case, ASUS. The latest BIOS update for this laptop is from the beginning of 2021, before the launch of Windows 11, so there's no BIOS update for this laptop to solve that issue. That BIOS update is a requirement for the good functioning of the TPM module on Windows 11.
Now, talking about drivers, the recent Windows 11 22H2 update breaks the AMDRyzenMaster driver, which is necessary for reporting CPU temps on Armoury Crate. I could find an update for that driver myself, but it would be nice from ASUS if they do a final round of drivers updates for our systems (FX505 and FX705 DD/DT/DU). We haven't received new and compatible drivers with Windows 11 on these systems.
A lot of issues reported on this forum and asus.rog forum are, most of the time, caused by an old or not compatible driver or non-compatible bios.

Thanks!

Falcon_ASUS
Jay Ros

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/233249#Comment_233249

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/233103#Comment_233103

Hi Falcon,

The laptop is an ASUS TUF FX505DT.

It is used for gaming and multimedia (youtube, netflix, internet, etc).

Windows 11 has not been great for this laptop. Some stutters on games and videos from time to time. AMD confirmed that issue on all AMD CPUs and mentioned that a BIOS update was needed on all systems running an AMD CPU, in March of this year (I would add links to this info, but the forum doesn't allow me to right now).

Obviously, that BIOS needs to be done by the manufacturer, in this case, ASUS. The latest BIOS update for this laptop is from the beginning of 2021, before the launch of Windows 11, so there's no BIOS update for this laptop to solve that issue. That BIOS update is a requirement for the good functioning of the TPM module on Windows 11.

Now, talking about drivers, the recent Windows 11 22H2 update breaks the AMDRyzenMaster driver, which is necessary for reporting CPU temps on Armoury Crate. I could find an update for that driver myself, but it would be nice from ASUS if they do a final round of drivers updates for our systems (FX505 and FX705 DD/DT/DU). We haven't received new and compatible drivers with Windows 11 on these systems.

A lot of issues reported on this forum and asus.rog forum are, most of the time, caused by an old or not compatible driver or non-compatible bios.

Thanks!

View post
@Jay Ros
About this part of your description
"Some stutters on games and videos from time to time."
I would suggest you bring back your laptop to our repair center, to see what's actually happening to you.
The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
About drivers, I will forward the information to the relevant department.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.