This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any chance for BIOS update to allow disabling fTPM?

Hamstray
Rising Star I
System: Windows 10 64-bit
Battery or AC: AC
Model: Zephyrus G15 GA503QS
Frequency of occurrence: Random
Reset OS: Too Many Times
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Hello, since AMD have officially acknowledged the fTPM stutter issues that have been plaguing me since getting my laptop, would it be possible for ASUS to release a new version of my laptop's BIOS that allows me to disable fTPM until and if an actual fix arrives? I know AMD claims to have something in the works but it still requires waiting at least until May, and even then it might not even work in the end. In any case I'd like to be able to disable fTPM, I don't think it's right to force it on me.
Unfortunately the support in my country is a complete travesty (they still ignore the fTPM issue even though it's been in news media and AMD themselves said the issue exists, in fact before the issue got official recognition they went as far as trying to convince me that 1. my laptop doesn't have any TPM and 2. that AMD chipsets don't support TPM in general) so I can't get any assistance from them.
89 REPLIES 89

Hamstray
Rising Star I
@Falcon_ASUS
So? Why aren't laptop users even given a time estimate as to when they'll get the fix? Why can't laptop users disable the faulty component while desktop users, who are being given the fix, can?

Hamstray
Rising Star I
@Falcon_ASUS
You really don't want to give us relevant answers, huh? I'm genuinely starting to think that there's no more BIOS patches planned for our laptops, let alone ones with a fix or the ability to disable a component you know is faulty. ASUS' service and support seems to be bottom of the barrel.

Hamstray
Rising Star I
@Falcon_ASUS
Alright, at this point it's quite apparent that you have no thruthful way to answer the questions without making ASUS look terrible.

GreyWind
Star II
hamstray i think u should try the asus rog forums, support seems a lot better there than here, which is quite pathetic tbh

Hamstray
Rising Star I
You say that, but I see a post there on the issue from more than a month ago that hasn't recieved any attention.