cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenWiFi XD6 AiMesh node disconnecting

pjmagneto
Star II

Hi

I have a ZenWiFi XD6 with 2 nodes, and I have been experiencing problems since day 1. 

First of all when I try to add the secondary node to AiMesh, after searching for it for about 3 min or so it just fails but the other Node comes up in the list afterwards. So there is no message that it was successfully but it's already there. 

Then when I move the second node to another room, even though the connection is strong the node keep disconnecting or doesn't connect at all. after changing the 5G channel to 61 I managed to get some stable connections but every now and then the node just disconnects and never connects back. 

And on top of that, every single time it disconnects I have to reset it to factory default and configure it again. I have to reconfigure it if I reboot the main router. 

I have contacted the support team and provided them with the logs but they were useless. their last suggestion is to take it to the store I bought it from and replicate the problem. I bought this from Amazon, I can't take it to the store. 

I was hoping there is someone who had this problem because I am getting really frustrated with Asus lack of support.

Any help is appreciated, 

Currently running firmware : 3.0.0.4.388_21380-g4fa255a

9 REPLIES 9

Hi @pjmagneto ,

according to the feedback log, please click on "Administration" and then select "Issue Report."

The following steps is provide in the previous messege.

Thank you.

eugene612
Star I

I have the same issues... 

Hi @eugene612,

in order to assist you better, could you please provide more details about the issue you are experiencing?

Is it related to the router not connecting to the nodes?

How many nodes are you trying to connect? Have you ensured that the firmware of the router and nodes are up to date?

Please place the nodes near the router to avoid any signal reception issues.

Additionally, please provide the model and firmware version of your router and any existing nodes. Thank you.

ddj54306
Star I

I have a 3 node AX (XT8) with the exact same issue.

cyberben
Star I