This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenWiFi Mesh

Toby1Kenobe
Star I

Wrong board, I  know, but in desperation...

I recently upgraded to full fibre (FTTP) and now have the Openreach OTC box on the inside wall of my dining room next to the router. Works fine with my standard Vodafone route (for reference, this is a THG3000). At the same time as upgrading, I bought an Asus ZenWiFi mesh system with three boxes: one to act as a router (i.e. to replace the Vodafone one) and two others to act as nodes in other parts of the house. However, I cannot get it to work. When I plug it in and attach the ethernet cable from the OTC box to the WAN input on the Asus router, the route light flashes green for a few seconds (meaning it is configuring) then it goes solid blue for a second (meaning it's all good to go) but then it goes to a straight red (meaning there is no internet connection). When the Openreach engineer installed the fibre, I set everything up using the Asus app. My phone will find the router with a strong signal, 5GHz, strong security, etc but no actual internet connection. I tried upgrading the firmware. The Asus app told me there was a PPPoE authentication error. I checked the PPPoE username and password in the Asus app and this had been auto-filled as my standard Vodafone account username and password. So I replaced these with PPPoE credentials Vodafone sent me. Still not working and said I should connect the ethernet cable from the modem (in this case, the OTC box) to the (Asus) router. It was already connected and I know the cable is fine because it works fine with the Vodafone router. Unplugged the router, waited a bit, and tried again. Did this twice. Still the same issue. Any ideas? Feels like it's so close to being sorted but there's an issue between the OTC/modem and the Asus router. Any help would be gratefully received! Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Speed issues could be numerous things it’s very hard for me to guess because I don’t have this ZenWiFi system, as well as use a different ISP.  Please try to contact local ASUS support, at least if the moderator doesn’t chime in soon…