cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XT9 Nodes IP addresses

Valdo
Star II

Hello,
is it possible to change the IP addresses of mesh nodes?
The router (XT9) has 192.168.50.1 but I'm irritated that the nodes, both XT9, one has a .111 and the other a .217 IP's!
It would be logical to have 50.2 and 50.3, shouldn't it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Valdo
Star II

Yes it is true that in the web interface it is possible to assign a fixed IP address to a device via its MAC address, but the XT9 node has 3 MAC addresses; for each band one - 2,4  ten 5 then 5,9...

P.S. actually there are 5 MAC addresses, add the Ethernet LAN and the Backhaul and this is the correct MAC to be linked with a fixed IP. It works!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jzchen
Zen Master I

ASUS designed it this way apparently.  They have a Device Discovery software for Windows that finds all your ASUS networking products and their IP addresses.  I don't see why you couldn't go into the XT9 primary router's DHCP and make appropriate changes, then assign each node a static IP manually, but I never tried.  (There are very limited settings available when you log into their pages, and I just find them in network map or using that Windows software/tool.  ASUS Device Discovery version 1.4.8.3 download on the linked page below):

https://www.asus.com/us/networking-iot-servers/whole-home-mesh-wifi-system/zenwifi-wifi-systems/asus...

Valdo
Star II

Yes it is true that in the web interface it is possible to assign a fixed IP address to a device via its MAC address, but the XT9 node has 3 MAC addresses; for each band one - 2,4  ten 5 then 5,9...

P.S. actually there are 5 MAC addresses, add the Ethernet LAN and the Backhaul and this is the correct MAC to be linked with a fixed IP. It works!