This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two ASUS routers with two ISP providers (one connected to each) but not close to each other.

imutedu
Star I

Hello, 

I have two ASUS routers. One is an RT-AX68U using one internet service provider (slower speed for work, basic task) on one side of the house. The other router is an RT-AX86U using a completely different ISP (faster for games, streaming.. i have kids). I have two for failover, I work from home and i got some kids that enjoy online gaming. I'm wondering if there is a way to AiMesh the routers but still leverage multiple ISPs? right now i have two separate SSIDs and I've configured each computer to use wifi and ethernet simultaneously so it can take advantage of two ISPs but this process is a pain to manage.  there isn't a location in the house where cable and phone lines are within the same location to make this a simple fix and im renting so i cannot drill into walls, etc.  

1 REPLY 1

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @imutedu ,

based on your issue, you can set up an AiMesh network with your two routers (RT-AX68U/RT-AX86U) while still utilizing multiple ISPs.

It is suggest that you update both devices to the latest firmware version.

And then you can follow the steps according to the following link.

[AiMesh] How to setup AiMesh system (Web GUI)? | Official Support | ASUS Global

It's strongly recommended that you put the AiMesh node between your AiMesh router and your existing dead zone.

Thank you.