cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rt-Ax5400 router usb folder issue

rushy7
Star II

ive just got the rt-ax5400 router set up with talk talk fibre 500

i cant seem to rename of delete any folders on the usb drive unless i do it from within the asus android app or web interface

with my older tplink router i could rename delete/make new folders from within windows 11 or any android file manager apps?

any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @rushy7 ,

based on your question, could you confirm if the USB function of your RT-AX5400 router has been correctly set up?
You can check the router's settings interface to ensure that the USB function is enabled and configured for file operations.
Please verify that the USB format is correct, and also ensure that the router firmware has been updated to the latest version.
You may also try cross-testing with other USB devices to eliminate the possibility of a single flash drive issue.
You can refer to the FAQ below.

[Wireless Router] How to monitor your USB hard drive on ASUS Router? | Official Support | ASUS Globa...

Thank you.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @rushy7 ,

based on your question, could you confirm if the USB function of your RT-AX5400 router has been correctly set up?
You can check the router's settings interface to ensure that the USB function is enabled and configured for file operations.
Please verify that the USB format is correct, and also ensure that the router firmware has been updated to the latest version.
You may also try cross-testing with other USB devices to eliminate the possibility of a single flash drive issue.
You can refer to the FAQ below.

[Wireless Router] How to monitor your USB hard drive on ASUS Router? | Official Support | ASUS Globa...

Thank you.