This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT-AX1800HP will not pair with AiMesh

Cryoman
Star I

I currently have an AiMesh network at home comprising RT-AX57 (Router) and RT-AC68U (node) plus RT-AC66U B1 (node)

Ive just bought a RT-AX1800HP router to expand the mesh system and to give me some improved wifi via the AX (WiFi6) properties.

The previous nodes were added some time back without issue but no matter what I try I cannot get the AX1800HP to add. It just does not appear when searching under the "Add Node"

Ive tried wirelessly using the app both via an Android Phone and an iPad.

I've tried wirelessly via the desktop GUI for the AX57

Both the above were done with both units literally about half a meter apart.

I also saw a YT video using a wired setup whereby the ethernet cable was plugged into a LAN port on the router (AX57) and into the WAN port on the node to be added (AX1800). This was supposed to throw up an ethernet symbol so you could add the node, but that didn't work either.

I have performed several factory resets both via the reset button and the WPS button methods with no results.

Has anybody had issues like this and how can I get it sorted please

UPDATE

All sorted now. It appears devices may not pair if they are not running the very latest firmware. I updated the Firmware to the latest and bingo! the device was recognised straight away. Hope this is useful to any others having similar issues.

1 REPLY 1

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @Cryoman ,

Thank you very much for your feedback!
We are pleased that update the latest firmware verison resolve the issue. 
If you have any other questions or need further assistance, please feel free to ask.
We are here to assist you.
Thank you.