This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router appears to be affecting iCloud connection

JCRoswell
Star I

A few months ago I bought the ASUS ZenWiFi XD6 (AX5400) system, and it works great except I have an issue with the iCloud service. iCloud constantly gives me the error "An error occurred during authentication."

This only happens on my home network. It happens for both my desktop (Win10) and my laptop (Win11). It does not happen to my laptop at work, or to either computer if I use my phone's hotspot. So, it appears there is something in my router setup that is causing this issue.

Any ideas of where to look or what could be causing this?

Things I've tried that did not help:

• Turning off the router's firewall
  • Turning off AiProtection

Any direction would be appreciated.

John

9 REPLIES 9

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @JCRoswell ,

based on your issue, we recommend trying a reset and then setting up the device again without enabling any functions.

Additionally, could you please provide detailed steps for logging in and configuring the settings?

May I ask when you enter icloud via phone using home network, did the error messege still shows up?

Could you provide all the devices's product model and MAC adress?

Thank you.

JCRoswell
Star I

Thanks. I will give it a shot when I get a chance. I have to find a time when I can go without the network for a bit...without the family getting angry at me! 🙂

I will update with my results.

heldersimoes
Star I

Hi, I am also having the same issue and started around the second week of August. If I take a photo it wouldn’t sync when using my ASUS Zenwifi XT8 at home (no error message but the sync will not have any progress), neither now I can sync with iCloud when using my old iMac that is connected via RJ45 to the modem. It happen suddenly without changing router configs what make me think that it may be a new port being used by the service or some port/service blocked by AiProtect. I also have AiProtect enabled. In the my iPhone case, if I disconnect the WiFi (using celular) or try from work WiFi it works fine and without problems.

Helder

And also I am now unable to sync my iCloud between iPhone and Apple TV. The message that appears is the same as JCRoswell mentioned before.