This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBR63 - Configure DHCP leases for specific clients on SDN VLAN

Himcules
Star I

Looking to configure VLANs and SDNs on an ExpertWifi router (specifically on the EBR63), I'm struggling to configure it. Specifically, I want to:

• Specify the VLAN ID for all devices connecting to the 'main' wifi SSID
  • Configure manual DHCP lease IPs for devices connected to the DHCP Server of the self-defined network

From what I can see, it looks like you can only configure fixed DHCP leases of devices connecting to the primary SSID. This is not ideal, as I need devices with a VLAN ID associated with their connection to the router (however it's done), and with fixed DHCP leases. Is there a way to do this?

Done within: Settings -> DHCP Server tab. When you input the Client Name (MAC Address) and IP Address then add, it will fail to do so. This appears to only work for the non-SDN. The error in the web GUI states: "is not a valid IP address!" 

The VLAN Tab shows a VLAN Profile option, this is only used without a DHCP Server though. I'd add such an option in that tab perhaps.

You could, if it was detailed how perform this action from the SSH login once enabled I would also imagine. 

Using latest FW version being - Current Version : 3.0.0.6.102_44544-g7a88eea_378-g738ca_sec

@TheCoop1984 raised exactly this same Q, - to no reply and a locked thread that cannot be replied to. 

3 REPLIES 3

jzchen
Rising Star II

My network experience doesn't go much beyond home network setup although I used to manage a small business network.  (There it was simply provided for employees).

I read through the SDN section of the ERB63 and no mention was made of Ethernet port configuration.  Then I found ASUS sells a EBG15, which is a purely wired router.  I popped open the manual only to find WiFi SDN instructions, sadly!

Not much help I'm afraid except the tech specs of the purely wired EBG15 router appear to claim you can assign SDNs to each LAN Ethernet port...

You have two modes that can be used per port "Access mode" and I think Trunk Port where you may select the VLAN SDN matching. Yet I see no options in the GUI for reservation of an IP within a VLAN.

Maybe via CLI? As you have SSH access it should all be configurable, if you know how.

Himcules
Star I

The other odd thing is the VLAN can speak with the main default network as well.

You do have "set AP Isolation mode" but this only applies on separating the Wi-Fi vs Ethernet on the same network.