This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd behavior on assigning IP addresses with XT8

TheBobC
Star I

I have a system with one  XT8 unit as my main router, one XT8 as mesh node 1 and one RT-AC3100 as mesh node 2. I have several devices that I want on internal static IP addresses (ip cameras, NUC running HAOS, etc) and my network map is acting quite strangely. For instance, for the NUC, I have set it up to have a static IP of 10.0.0.56. in the operating system settings of HAOS. I have added that to the DHCP Server page in the XT8. Yet the network map shows it as 10.0.0.221. If i go to a different computer i can ping both 10.0.0.56 as well as 10.0.0.221. I can also arp both and recieve the same mac address in response. The only difference is the 221 address gives me the response "homeassistant (10.0.0.221) at 54:b2:3:b:cc:5b" vs the 56 address as "? (10.0.0.221) at 54:b2:3:b:cc:5b". This is very frustrating when working to set up the structure I would like. There are a few other devices that behave in a similar manner. Why is this happening?

1 REPLY 1

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @TheBobC ,

based on your issue, whether your issue is related to having set a static IP of 10.0.0.56 for a device but the IP address displayed in the network map is 10.0.0.221?
May I ask have you check the static IP settings in both your device (NUC running HAOS) and your router (XT8)? Make sure the IP address, subnet mask, gateway, and DNS settings match on both ends.
It is suggest that you reset the router and then confirm whether the issue still occur.
Also, make sure your routers (XT8 and RT-AC3100) are running the latest firmware. Thank you.