Did you mean: 

Router RT-AX58U (AX3000): issue with Yes/no Radion Buttons

planteg
Star II

Hello Community,

The firmware version of my router us 3.0.0.4.388_23556

Fields with Radio buttons act strangely. For example:

Advanced Settings > Lan - DHCP Server

At the to of the page, for Enable DHCP Server field, I have to click on No to get Yes activated. Is that a known issue. This is really puzzling.

Thanks, Gilles Plante

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Aureliannn_ASUS ,

the issue was due to me not understanding properly the appearance of the radio buttons: I thought that a circle completely white  meant that it was active and the one with only a white border mean inactive. But it's the converse. Yesterday I tested the configuration and understand that the active radio button is displayed with a white border.

Now that I understand the appearance of radio buttons, I will review all pages for the configuration and should be fine.

Sorry for the misinterpretation of the radio button states

Thanks a lo for your help,

Gilles Plante

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @planteg ,

based on your issue, may I ask when did the issue occur?

Have you make any change or update anything then the issue occur?

Whether you're using ASUS router app or Web GUI?

Have you make sure that all the firmware is at the latest version?

Also, could you provide the video about you operate the "enable DHCP server" then you need to click no and then yes to activated?

Thank you.

Hi Aureliannn,

yesterday I replied to your message with answers to your questions, but I don't find that post today. Here I go again !

I turned on the router  on for the first time on August 1st, in order to learn take a tour of the software. For the purpose, I disconnect a computer from Internet and I connect this computer to Ethernet port 1. Then I connect to www.asusrouter.com. During my tour I got a message that a new version for the firmware was available. I downloaded it on another computer, copied the file to a thumb drive and updated the router.

Around 6 or 7 days later I started to configure the router, I want to configure the router and afterwards I will put the equipment I got from Videotron in Bridge mode. Videotron uses the same equipment as xfinity, see xFi Complete: In-Home WiFi Experience with Xfinity

This is when I discovered the strange radio buttons behaviour. See this screen capture:
Enable Mac Filter No.png

When Enable AC Filter is set to No, I can select between Accept or Deny and can add devices.

When Enable AC Filter is set to Yes:
Enable Mac Filter Yes.png
I cant select between Accept or Deny or add devices.

Yesterday I checked on Asus Web Site, there were no new firmware update. I have attached a small video to the post.

Thanks for your help,

Gilles Plante

Hi @planteg ,

according to your question, you must select to enable MAC address filtering in order to proceed with the next setup. If you do not enable this feature, the system will not display the advanced settings. You can refer to the link below.

[Wireless Router] How to set up Wireless MAC Filter on ASUS Router? | Official Support | ASUS Global

Thank you.

Hi @Aureliannn_ASUS ,

the issue was due to me not understanding properly the appearance of the radio buttons: I thought that a circle completely white  meant that it was active and the one with only a white border mean inactive. But it's the converse. Yesterday I tested the configuration and understand that the active radio button is displayed with a white border.

Now that I understand the appearance of radio buttons, I will review all pages for the configuration and should be fine.

Sorry for the misinterpretation of the radio button states

Thanks a lo for your help,

Gilles Plante