cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lyra trio

tants001
Star I

Hi,

I am thinking of replacing my existing linksys router with Lyra Trio. My existing router is quite at the center of the house, and my floor area is around 1076 sq.ft.

I am wondering
   1) can a single node of the trio covers the whole house?
   2) if I connect a network switch to the node, can the node still support the wifi? What is the network speed of the LAN connection?
   3) Can I connect this way: Node--> switch--> node--> other devices?
   4) if I am using 2 nodes, what are the network speed between the 2 nodes?

Regards.

2 REPLIES 2

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @tants001 ,

thank you for your inquiry. Here are the answers to your questions:

A single Lyra Trio node can cover a relatively large area, but the specific coverage range depends on the size of your home. Generally, for small homes (less than 50 square meters), one node is sufficient; for medium-sized homes (50-100 square meters), two nodes may be used; and for large homes (over 100 square meters) or multi-story homes, three nodes may be necessary.

If you connect a network switch to the Lyra Trio node, the node still supports wireless networks. 

You can connect other devices to the network through wired connections.

The local network connection speed between Lyra Trio nodes depends on your network settings and physical environment. 

In general, the speed between them should be fast enough to meet your daily needs.

You can expand the network coverage by adding more Lyra Trio nodes. 

These nodes will automatically connect to the existing network and provide seamless Wi-Fi coverage.

You can refer to the FAQ link below for setup instructions.
https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1036325/

Thank you.

tants001
Star I

Thanks, @Aureliannn_ASUS .
Can I confirm that the LAN port support 1GB network?