This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newly purchased ASU’s RT-AX59U and RT-AX57 plus existing connected as mesh nodes

lcb5669
Star I

It seems that despite having set up the RT-AX59U as the primary Mesh router and RT-AX57 plus RT-AX53U including my old Lyra router (this seems to be working well and reliable)

kindly advice what’s the solution towards ensuring stable and reliable always on strong signal throughout (it works initially after that it deteriorates 

TQ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tomy90c
Rising Star I

Sometimes I also deal with a degraded signal on some connected devices. But when I look into the settings via the Asus Router application or via the web interface, I find that the device connects to the remote node and does not want to connect to the closer (primary) one. I used to have a problem on 5GHz and currently only on 2.4GHz (only one older phone has a problem). Most of the problems disappeared after the firmware upgrade. My AiMeshe setup is: TUF-AX6000 + RP-AX58 + RT-AX53U WiFi primary router is in Smart Connect dual-band mode and WPA2/WPA3-Personal authentication method. If something does not want to connect, the entire system must be restarted.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tomy90c
Rising Star I

Sometimes I also deal with a degraded signal on some connected devices. But when I look into the settings via the Asus Router application or via the web interface, I find that the device connects to the remote node and does not want to connect to the closer (primary) one. I used to have a problem on 5GHz and currently only on 2.4GHz (only one older phone has a problem). Most of the problems disappeared after the firmware upgrade. My AiMeshe setup is: TUF-AX6000 + RP-AX58 + RT-AX53U WiFi primary router is in Smart Connect dual-band mode and WPA2/WPA3-Personal authentication method. If something does not want to connect, the entire system must be restarted.

jzchen
Rising Star II

The Lyra router has been End of Life for a while I would remove it from service.  Make sure all routers are on the latest release (starts with 3) firmware.