This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the XT8 LED be turned off only for normal operation (white)?

xgrep
Star I

Many devices let you turn off the LED so that it won't be annoying in a dark room. I've also found that always-on LEDs can wear out and lose so much brightness that they might as well be off (this happened on mesh products from another company). I'd like to have the LED off only when everything is normal, but to light up as it normally would to signal a condition that you'd want to know about. Is anything like this possible, or, if not, could it be added?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @xgrep ,

thank you for your feedback. 

The design of the router indicator lights is intended to provide users with clear information about the current operating status, including network connectivity and signal strength. 

[Specification] How to judge the current status of ZenWiFi Series Router from LED color? | Official ...

We understand that the brightness of the lights can be bothersome in dark environments.

To address this issue, you may consider placing the router in a location where the lights won't affect your visibility, or you can use materials to shield or dim the lights to reduce their impact. 

Additionally, we will forward your feedback to the backend team for further consideration. 

Thank you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @xgrep ,

thank you for your feedback. 

The design of the router indicator lights is intended to provide users with clear information about the current operating status, including network connectivity and signal strength. 

[Specification] How to judge the current status of ZenWiFi Series Router from LED color? | Official ...

We understand that the brightness of the lights can be bothersome in dark environments.

To address this issue, you may consider placing the router in a location where the lights won't affect your visibility, or you can use materials to shield or dim the lights to reduce their impact. 

Additionally, we will forward your feedback to the backend team for further consideration. 

Thank you.

Thank you very much for the reply. I appreciate that Asus take note of customer comments.