cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware: Signature Version: 2.376 2023/10/17 - Filling System Log with errors

Rooke
Star III

Router: RT-AC66U B1 (AC1750); Firmware Version: 3.0.0.4.51665 ;
On Tuesday, 2023/10/17, I noticed the entire System Log filled with the same repeating errors, all starting with error: "kernel: dcd/22609: potentially unexpected fatal signal 6." The only difference between the errors is the dcd number.

I checked the Administration menu, Firmware Upgrade tab, and found that the Firmware Signature Version had been updated to "2.376 2023/10/17 09:04" which was a couple of hours before I checked the logs.

After seeing that, I unplugged the Router for a few minutes and plugged it in again and let it boot up.

The errors went away for about an hour then came back. Subsequent (4) power off/on resulted in the same situation.

The errors do not seem to be affecting the router's performance, but the problem needs to be addressed by Asus. Attached is a snippet of the errors.

73 REPLIES 73

Hi all,

we are currently investigating the issue on our end.

In the meantime, could you please try performing a hard reset and disabling Ai protection?

This should help reduce the frequency of error messages.

If we have any updates, we'll inform you as soon as possible.

You can find instructions for performing a hard reset in the link provided.

[Wireless Router] ASUS router Hard Factory Reset - Method 1 | Official Support | ASUS Global

Thank you.

@Aureliannn_ASUS  - I disabled AI protection the day I installed the router over 2 years ago.  It's still disabled, and I've already done a hard reset since the errors started appearing on 10/17/2023 when Signature Firmware 2.376 was pushed to my router. 

The errors continue to happen about every 2 minutes.

So far no luck.

Not seeing any platform or interface reboots/lockups... yet. 

Currently on - 2.372  Updated : 2023/10/29 17:43

Disabled AIProtect with hard reset... no change.

I have been experiencing this DCD crash every 2 minutes since about 3am (UK Time) on 17th October 2023. When connecting via SSH I get the following error from the DCD process "Error: Invalid X509 ASN.1 file".

Is there any ETA for a fix to be rolled out?

I've still not heard back from ASUS about this problem. 

I suspect a fix won't be rolled out until they push out the November Signature Firmware update to everyone's router.