cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware: Signature Version: 2.376 2023/10/17 - Filling System Log with errors

Rooke
Star III

Router: RT-AC66U B1 (AC1750); Firmware Version: 3.0.0.4.51665 ;
On Tuesday, 2023/10/17, I noticed the entire System Log filled with the same repeating errors, all starting with error: "kernel: dcd/22609: potentially unexpected fatal signal 6." The only difference between the errors is the dcd number.

I checked the Administration menu, Firmware Upgrade tab, and found that the Firmware Signature Version had been updated to "2.376 2023/10/17 09:04" which was a couple of hours before I checked the logs.

After seeing that, I unplugged the Router for a few minutes and plugged it in again and let it boot up.

The errors went away for about an hour then came back. Subsequent (4) power off/on resulted in the same situation.

The errors do not seem to be affecting the router's performance, but the problem needs to be addressed by Asus. Attached is a snippet of the errors.

73 REPLIES 73

kalle
Star I

I have an old Asus router that I will see if can get to work again. I think I have a non Asus software in it.

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @Rooke @kalle @cleytonanderson @Simone_G @browndonray 

sorry for the inconvenience that may caused.

Based on your issue, did you see the error message "kernel: dcd/10234 potentially unexpected fatal signal 6" in the Feedback log? To help our backend team analyze the problem further, please provide the Feedback log, router model, current firmware version, and a screenshot of the error message in a private message to me. You can submit a feedback form through the Web GUI at http://www.asusrouter.com:

1. Connect your device to your router and log in to the Web GUI (http://www.asusrouter.com).
  2. Find "Administration" and click on "Feedback."
  3. Fill in your region, email (required field), ASUS Service No./Case No. (not required), select the feedback problem and description. You can also provide additional comments or suggestions.
  4. Read and agree to the terms.
  5. Click "Send" to submit your feedback.

Afterward, send the product serial number, the time you submitted the issue report, the email used for the report, and the time the issue occurred to me in a private message. Thank you.

Hi @Aureliannn_ASUS
Yes, I as I stated in the first post of my thread, I did see the error message "kernel: dcd/10234 potentially unexpected fatal signal 6" in the Feedback log - many times, every 2 minutes. 

I already sent the Feedback log from the router last week, but I'll send another one today.  I'll also send you the information you requested to you in a private message.

I sent that second feedback as requested.

kevinkar
Star III

My current log goes from dcd/12656 to dcd/30924 so I'm not sure what the significance of the number is in that string but it's there 521 times in my current log with different numbers each time (I keep clearing it so there would actually be way more instances if I hadn't.)

From previous posts, my logs are quite similar to theirs with subtle differences (sorry, don't have the time to scrutinize my logs in comparison to others!) so I'm not sure what use it would be for more logs to be sent so hopefully Asus has enough to go on here.  Same things over and over every 2 minutes.