This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus rt ac68u (fast blinking blue power led)

olegxxx
Star I
Latest firmware.
The problem appeared after I decided to reboot the router by disconnecting it from the DC IN outlet and after that the power LED constantly blinks quickly, no manipulations such as holding the wps button for 20-30 seconds or more make it go into mode, for example, restoring the firmware (when the power indicator blinks slowly), and holding the reset button does not blink (I don’t know how long to hold it, but I held it for at least 30 seconds)
Has anyone encountered such a problem? What can you do considering that the reset and wps buttons do not help, how can you get into the web interface or is it no longer working (the router)?
5 REPLIES 5

jzchen
Rising Star II

I have recently stopped using my RT-AC68U.  It is on ASUS End of Life (EOL) list.  I replaced it with a RT-AX5400 and I am very happy with it...

It's probably a good idea to consider replacing it with a newer model, as it is no longer supported.

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @olegxxx ,

Thank you for providing detailed information about your router issue. Regarding the RT-AC68U router's power indicator rapidly flashing blue and being unable to enter the setup page, we recommend you try the following steps:

• Check the network connection: Ensure that the network cable is connected correctly to the modem, and that the computer's network settings are set to obtain IP address automatically.
  • Try a different browser: Try using a different browser (such as Chrome, Firefox) to access the setup page.
  • Check the environment around the router: Move the router to a well-ventilated location, avoiding excessive electronic devices around it.
  • You can refer to the FAQ as well: [Specification] How to judge the current status of ZenWiFi Series Router from LED color? | Official ...

If the issue persists, we recommend that you send the router to the nearest authorized service center for further assistance. Thank you.

thank you very much
No matter what I did and opened other browsers and how many times I pressed and held the wps and reset button - these manipulations did not help, I turned it off for several days, and now I turned it on, it also started blinking quickly with the power LED, I pressed it once on the wps button and a miracle - it blinked all the LEDs and the power LED stopped blinking, now it works, but I’m afraid how long this will last! I checked the processor temperature of 75 Celsius, one laptop was connected via wi-fi through it

The most important question, this is not the first time when I turn it off from the network, I just reboot it, install the latest native firmware, then it starts blinking quickly with the power LED constantly and I’ve been trying for a very long time to return it to the state when the power LED stops blinking quickly.
What is the reason that any reboot leads to this rapid blinking of the LED? Is this a malfunction, is it some kind of setting, what is it anyway and why is this so or is it already degradation of the device?