This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ET12 configuration backup and recovery

Jimmykhng
Star I

For the Zen wifi ET12 - can the network configuration be saved and uploaded for recovery on a replaced unit ?? 

I want to buy a new wifi 6E mesh that supports backup & recovery 

2 REPLIES 2

jzchen
Zen Master I

I actually currently believe all ASUS routers and ZenWiFi support configuration backup and recovery/upload to a replacement unit.  In fact it works well UNLESS your new router has a different chip manufacturer Broadcom to/from Qualcomm.

This video demonstrates how to do it.  The back of the router shown is not a ZenWiFi model but the login shows a ZenWiFi login which should be similar across all of them.

https://youtu.be/7bQyuFNuFZY?si=H_5J-ihuEWVN49B1

When you need to restore the setting of ASUS router, you can ""save and upload"" the previous configuration file stored in ASUS router to your computer first. Follow the steps in the video to restore the setting of ASUS router by saving and uploading the backed-up configuration file. To learn more

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @Jimmykhng ,

based on your issue, if you want to upload the configuration files of ASUS wireless router.

You can refer to the following link.

[Wireless Router] How to upload the configuration files of ASUS wireless router? | Official Support ...

You can save the settings on your ASUS router as a setting file, and then use the upload function to reload the setting file if needed.

Thank you.