This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime B450M-K max memory capacity

orfeaskar
Star I

The product site mentions 64 GB as its max capacity, but the memory QVL does not mention 2×32 GB as a possible configuration. Should I buy 2×16 GB or 2×32 GB?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello, @orfeaskar 

According to the PRIME B450M-K official website's Memory QVL for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Processors, the list does not include 2*32GB RAM. 
If you have specific RAM requirements, it is recommended to install a compatible CPU for optimal compatibility and stability.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @orfeaskar 

May I ask what the current specification of your installed CPU is?
Memory specifications are associated with the installed CPU specifications. 
According to the MEMORY / DEVICE SUPPORT page, for "Memory QVL for AMD Ryzen™ 5000 G-Series Processors B450 2DIMM," we can confirm support for memory configurations such as 2x32 GB, for example, F4-3600C18Q-128GTZR or F4-3600C18D-64GTRS.
If necessary, you may consider installing a corresponding supported CPU or using four memory modules to achieve a 64 GB capacity.

Thank you.

orfeaskar
Star I

Thank you for your speedy reply. The CPU is AMD Ryzen 5 3600 , is it possible for the 3000 gen as well?

Hello, @orfeaskar 

According to the PRIME B450M-K official website's Memory QVL for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Processors, the list does not include 2*32GB RAM. 
If you have specific RAM requirements, it is recommended to install a compatible CPU for optimal compatibility and stability.

Thank you.