This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS update - want to make sure I do it right

XenoKay
Star I

Desktop Screenshot 2024.06.03 - 12.17.51.45.pngDesktop Screenshot 2024.06.03 - 12.17.54.22.pngDesktop Screenshot 2024.06.03 - 12.17.57.15.pngDesktop Screenshot 2024.06.03 - 12.17.59.12.png

Hello, new here. Looking to update my CPU and want to make sure my BIOS is ready for it.

I looked up AZUZ's compatible CPUs on their website with this motherboard, and the i9-9900KF is the best Intel CPU I can afford and is also compatible.

pcpartpicker says I will need to update my BIOS for it. AZUS's official website says it's compatible, unless I missed some fine print that says the BIOS does need to be updated before it is indeed compatible.

Also, while doing this research I read I on this website that I can increase my memory performance by setting my XMP. I have researched videos on how to do it but I'd like to post here also for more information possibly before blowing up my PC.

The XMP thing sounds important since I am doing all of this to start creating in UE5, along with video editing.This new CPU should boost me a bit on the CPU side. The GPU is good for UE5 since it is more GPU intensive.

Any thoughts on BIOS updating is appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

XenoKay
Star I

XMP profile is there I see in CPUZ so scratch that question.

Hello, @XenoKay 

Thank you for reaching out to us.
Based on the screenshot you provided, your current BIOS version is 2417, and your CPU is an i7-9700K.
According to the CPU QVL of the PRIME Z390-P official website, to install an i9-9900KF, the compatible BIOS version is 2203 or newer.

We recommend keeping your system up to date by installing the latest BIOS version to benefit from improved functionality and performance enhancements.
Therefore, please refer to EZ Update or ASUS EZ Flash 3 and consider updating to the latest BIOS version 3006 if needed.
For memory overclocking settings, you can adjust the memory overclocking XMP in the BIOS.
Kindly refer to [Motherboard] How to optimize Memory performance by setting XMP or DOCP in BIOS for detailed instructions.

Thank you.