This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 year old ROG Crosshair VIII Impact mb boots to BIOS

msrh1976
Star I

My ROG Crosshair VIII Impact desktop boots to BIOS. I replaced CMOS batteries without sucsess. Any suggesions ?

3 REPLIES 3

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @msrh1976 

Could you please clarify if this issue occurred after the PC was first built or after using it for some time and occurred following any recent changes, such as a BIOS update or component replacement?
It is possible that aging or damaged drives are causing the system to fail.
May I ask if you have tried cross-testing with other system drives?
Kindly share more details about your hardware specifications and the problem's context to help us better understand your issue. 

Thank you.

No changes were made to the system. It worked fine for 4 years and suddenly the problem apeared. All the hard dirves and memories were tested on other system and they apear to be fine. Problem is after booting the system goes to bios screen everytime. It appears the setting are not saved from previous boot, hence changed the cmos battery without sucsess.

Hello, @msrh1976 

Could you confirm your current BIOS version?
If you haven't updated to the latest version 4805, please consider updating and clearing CMOS before rechecking again.
Is your current system drive an M.2 SSD or a SATA hard drive, and which slot on the motherboard is it installed in? Have you tried cross-testing with other system drives? 
We recommend referring to the ROG Crosshair VIII Hero user manual page 1-16 or 1-17 for installing only a single system drive and removing all other drives and external storage devices to see if the issue persists.

Thank you.