cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry About SR-IOV Support on WS X299 SAGE Motherboard with i9-10920X CPU

llplpp
Star I

Dear ASUS Community Members and Technical Support,

I am currently using the ASUS WS X299 SAGE motherboard paired with an Intel Core i9-10920X CPU. I am considering implementing virtualization in my setup and am specifically interested in the Single Root I/O Virtualization (SR-IOV) capability for improved performance and isolation between virtual machines.

I have reviewed the user manual and product specifications provided with my motherboard, but I couldn't find explicit information regarding SR-IOV support. Therefore, I am reaching out to the community and seeking assistance from ASUS technical experts.

Here are my specific questions:

1. Does the ASUS WS X299 SAGE motherboard support SR-IOV functionality?
  2. If so, are there any particular settings or BIOS versions that I need to be aware of to enable SR-IOV?
  3. Are there any known compatibility issues or additional hardware requirements when using SR-IOV with the i9-10920X CPU?

I understand that SR-IOV is a sophisticated feature that may require specific hardware and software configurations. Any guidance or detailed information on how to implement SR-IOV on my current system setup would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time and expertise. I am looking forward to the community's insights and ASUS's official response.

Best regards,

1 REPLY 1

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello, @llplpp 

Thank you for reaching out to us.
Regarding the SR-IOV settings you described, could you please specify the configuration goals you are aiming to achieve, such as reducing CPU usage or configuring virtual PCIe devices?
Could you also provide the current BIOS version, as well as the brand and model of the RAM, GPU, and PSU?
Also, to accurately confirm the specifications of your current motherboard, I have DM you to confirm the serial number, and kindly check the inbox at your convenience.

Thank you.