This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hz problem with monitor

cadde
Star I

Hi yall! Need some help. I have been using my Asus ROG Strix XG27AQMR monitor with 300hz for about a year now and suddenly for some reason it doesn’t allow me to pick higher than 120hz anymore and I have no idea why. I tested the cable on my second monitor and on that monitor it allows to pick 144hz which is the maximum hz on that monitor so I figured the problem must be caused by my main monitor. Any suggestions? Please and thank you!

1 REPLY 1

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @cadde ,

I'm sorry to hear that your ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQMR monitor is no longer allowing you to select a refresh rate higher than 120Hz. I understand this can be frustrating. Here are some potential solutions you can try:

1. Check Monitor Settings:

OSD Settings: Ensure there are no options in the monitor's OSD settings limiting the refresh rate.
2. Update Drivers:

Graphics Card Driver: Make sure your graphics card driver is up to date. Outdated or problematic drivers can cause the monitor to malfunction.
Motherboard Chipset Driver: Update your motherboard chipset driver to ensure the system can correctly identify the monitor.
3. Check Cables and Ports:

Change DisplayPort Cable: Try using a different DisplayPort cable to ensure the cable quality is good.
Change DisplayPort Port: If your monitor has multiple DisplayPort ports, try switching to a different port.
4. Adjust Windows Settings:

Display Settings:
Check if there are any options in the Windows display settings that limit the refresh rate.
Try setting the display to "This display only" and then adjust the refresh rate.
Power Settings:
Ensure there are no power options that limit the monitor's performance.

5. Reset Monitor Settings:

Factory Reset: Restore the monitor to factory settings to rule out issues caused by custom settings.